Emailed to get a quote after completing switch on MSE

I got the email telling me to do a new quote straight after completing the switch on Money saving expert.  this all happened today.  Maybe I should just do a new quote… just annoys me after doing it all on the mse site

10 replies

i just started a switch with money saving expert. and then I get an email from pure planet telling me to start a new quote?!?  I gave MSE all of my details.. and the switch has started so why do I have to do a new quote?

Is this the place for these questions?  Dont pure planet have customer services operatives?

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can

here's a link:
https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-to-pure-planet-from-a-price-comparison-website-10438

Extract:

"How do I switch to Pure Planet using a price comparison website?

Once you’ve got your quote from your chosen price comparison website and entered your details, we’ll send you a verification email to finish your switch. "

Have you had and confirmed your verification  email? Have you checked your spam folder for it?

And in answer to your final questions:

yes, this is the place for help.

and no, There are no call centres with PP, it is an app-based company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Nikki G 

Are you sure it wasn't an email asking you to verify your email address

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Nikki G and  @Nataly 

maybe I’ve misunderstood but this post is titled ...email invalid message but that’s not what you’ve posted above. Was there another message saying your email was invalid or is this simply in the wrong thread (which incidentally is also marked as solved)

The above appears to be just to confirm your details/usage (although I haven’t seen it before..which begs more answers.)

(you need to use exactly the same email address you used on the mse cheap-energy website)

Oooooh I’ve hijacked someone else’s thread by mistake. I will try to sort that out tomorrow. My issue is not the same as @Colet ’s issue. My issue is that they want me to start a new quote but I already have a quote through mse. Sorry for confusion 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oooooh I’ve hijacked someone else’s thread by mistake. I will try to sort that out tomorrow. My issue is not the same as @Colet ’s issue. My issue is that they want me to start a new quote but I already have a quote through mse. Sorry for confusion 

@Nikki G That’s OK I’ve mentioned @Nataly who will likely pick this up tomorrow.

More to the point have you been through the quote, if not I’d complete it or you won’t switch. It’s probably just to confirm all your details and it’s really quick, postcode usage email etc.

This is a little strange because it’s not the usual which is simply an email asking you to confirm your email address and complete registration. If you don’t do that last step you won’t switch so I think this is the same. You can’t do any harm.

Is there an issue preventing you from doing this ore are you just annoyed because you’ve done it once? There may be a good reason it’s different in procedure mentioned above and I’m sure an explanation will be forthcoming.

I tried to do the new quote, which was annoying. But it didn’t come up with the same options as in mse. So I couldn’t see the £25 cash back offer and also it seemed to be separate from mse… asking me for all of my details with no acknowledgment that I’d done this already or entered details previously. I want to switch using mse so I’m a part of that annual switching thing that I’ve signed up for. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Nikki G 

The screenshot you posted does say that if you switched through a comparison site that the application has been logged and you will receive any incentives offered, but you must use the same email address

Hi @Nikki G and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:  don’t worry - I’ve moved your post to its own new thread, as it was about a different topic (thanks for tagging me in @woz).

The advice from @woz and @Duppy is spot on. Occasionally we may ask for confirmation of some of your info, if it hasn’t come across correctly/ if anything’s missing in the info we’ve received from MSE. It’s just to make sure we capture your correct details before starting the switch. 

Any incentives, like the £25 MSE incentive, still apply - the section of the email stating “if you’ve got a special offer from a comparison site, don’t worry, we’ve saved it” would cover it :thumbsup:

Hope that helps!