Solved

Electricity only tarriffs

• 5 October 2020
  • 5 replies

We only want to switch our electricity but this doesn’t seem to be an option.  We have recently cancelled our gas and have only electricity supplied to the premises.  There seems no option to not transfer both our tariffs and there is no option to talk or email customer service…. 

icon

Best answer by Rds261189 7 October 2020, 02:26

Unfortunately it won't show up only electricity tariffs until your old gas supplier has told the databases that their is no meter at the property anymore and the gas is capped and final bill you for the gas and remove the serial number of the gas meter from your property on database.  Some other energy companies will still show gas tariffs too because the database thinks their is still a gas meter.  I would get in touch with your old gas company or gas distributor and ask how long it takes to remove the gas from the database.

Hope this helps 

Ryan

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @vickymitchell 

Others will be able to make better suggestions, but my guess is that unless you have had the gas supply capped and the meter removed you will be deemed to still be a potential gas user.

There are various ways to contact Pure Planet described on the monthly statement; probably the quickest way is to go to Wattbot and put message the team in the question box and then describe the situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @vickymitchell 

I’m a little unclear on your post, do you want to switch your electricity to PP?

If so this screenshot is from the quote page. Where is it going wrong for you?

As far as contact is concerned if you aren’t yet a customer there is the community and all of the other options shown, if we don’t know the answer we ‘ll point you in the right direction. I genuinely don’t understand why you’ve written what you have, unless as Stephen says you haven’t had the meter capped, in which case you’ll still have to pay a standing charge to A supplier, but it doesn’t have to be PP.

Userlevel 4

Unfortunately it won't show up only electricity tariffs until your old gas supplier has told the databases that their is no meter at the property anymore and the gas is capped and final bill you for the gas and remove the serial number of the gas meter from your property on database.  Some other energy companies will still show gas tariffs too because the database thinks their is still a gas meter.  I would get in touch with your old gas company or gas distributor and ask how long it takes to remove the gas from the database.

Hope this helps 

Ryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Rds261189  @vickymitchell 

true, and good point, but Vicky should still have the option of selecting a single fuel switch?

Hey @vickymitchell 

Spot on from @Rds261189 about why you may still be seeing the option to switch both electricity and gas and how to get that resolved!

It’s a good point from @woz that you can still choose to select ‘electricity only’ if you’d like :slight_smile: