Solved

Do I need to delay my switch

• 30 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Due to move in to our new flat on 16 Sep. I thought I would be proactive and try to get things set up already, but thought there would be an opportunity to delay the start until that day. However, when I clicked through the form from moneysavingexpert, it seems to be a done deal and saying the switch will happen in 17 days which may well be before we move in, as I did it yesterday.

Frustrating thing is that this seems to be the literally only way of getting in touch with Pure Planet to ask them any further questions because you can only contact them via the app, which I don't have. I don't want to 'confirm my switch' in the email they sent me yesterday and again today because I don't want to start the switch if it's going to get confusing with the supply that the current owners have.

All I need to know is, if it's going to be okay for me to carry on with this switch and hope that the switch date is the 16 Sep, or should I just do it all when I've moved in and then know for sure (can then just pay the standard rate for 17 days from a different provider but then at least I know the switch won't affect the previous owner).
icon

Best answer by woz 30 August 2019, 12:55

hi Chrisdamant
You can’t “schedule” a date for the switch, but you can set the date by counting back 17 days from when you want it to start and applying on that date. If you’ve already started the switch you could cancel in app or online and restart it 17 days before the day you want.
Bear in mind you will be responsible for the bills from the previous supplier from the date your contract starts (maybe moving in day i don’t know), and you’ll need to get opening meter readings, you’ll be asked for those a couple of days before the switch in date , but that’s not a prob as you’ll be in a couple of days later.
If you log in to app or online your account will show you the progress of the switch. It will make very little difference if you switch in a few days after you move in, you can’t be charged twice for the same energy (that almost sounds scientific!)
chrisdamant;36511:
Due to move in to our new flat on 16 Sep. I thought I would be proactive and try to get things set up already, but thought there would be an opportunity to delay the start until that day. However, when I clicked through the form from moneysavingexpert, it seems to be a done deal and saying the switch will happen in 17 days which may well be before we move in, as I did it yesterday.

Frustrating thing is that this seems to be the literally only way of getting in touch with Pure Planet to ask them any further questions because you can only contact them via the app, which I don't have. I don't want to 'confirm my switch' in the email they sent me yesterday and again today because I don't want to start the switch if it's going to get confusing with the supply that the current owners have.

All I need to know is, if it's going to be okay for me to carry on with this switch and hope that the switch date is the 16 Sep, or should I just do it all when I've moved in and then know for sure (can then just pay the standard rate for 17 days from a different provider but then at least I know the switch won't affect the previous owner).
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Christa mantra,
You can now contact PP on a browser, have you created an account with PP, you will need to anyway to submit your readings etc.
Once your account is created on the website www.purepa.net, you can go to help, Wattbot type message the team and ask there, replies are not instant usually within 24 hours
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Chrisdamant
You can’t “schedule” a date for the switch, but you can set the date by counting back 17 days from when you want it to start and applying on that date. If you’ve already started the switch you could cancel in app or online and restart it 17 days before the day you want.
Bear in mind you will be responsible for the bills from the previous supplier from the date your contract starts (maybe moving in day i don’t know), and you’ll need to get opening meter readings, you’ll be asked for those a couple of days before the switch in date , but that’s not a prob as you’ll be in a couple of days later.
If you log in to app or online your account will show you the progress of the switch. It will make very little difference if you switch in a few days after you move in, you can’t be charged twice for the same energy (that almost sounds scientific!)
chrisdamant;36511: