Solved

disgusting customer service

Was going to switch changed mind within terms but cannot get any response from them did not provide meter readings or anything no dd set up .  Sent so many emails and on there website absolutely no response, they still switch me over really disgusted with the customer service.  No telephone number to contact them.  No idea what to do now as do not want to go with them and definitely would not recommend.

icon

Best answer by Nataly 6 April 2021, 15:30

Hi @Aglen 

I’ve asked our Member Services team about this - they’ve let me know they’ve received and replied to your WattBot chat from 3 April, and are also currently working on your complaint case. They’ll email you today to confirm the next steps - they’re looking at sending your supplies back to your previous supplier as an ‘erroneous transfer’. Once that work is done, it’ll be as if you’d never switched from your previous supplier. 

They’ll also make sure your first Direct Debit payment is refunded:thumbsup:

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

As per faq:

If you are In the 14 day cooling off period,  from when you started your switch, you can quite simply click on 'cancel switch' on the app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It doesn't sound like you have switched yet to PP, as you say you haven't given any opening meter readings .

But if you have,  and you have switched on a variable tariff, you can switch away to another supplier  without incurring exit fees. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Aglen 

What went wrong?

Did you get a verification email?

I sent emails to advise changed mind but noting, every time they asked for something meters readings and photos, replied to say changed mind but switch still went ahead and still cannot get anyone to reply.  Sent so many messages now.  Really sick of it.  

Can anyone help I had changed my mind within the 14 days cooling off period.  Unfortunately I did not realise you could click a button on the web to cancel.  I sent a email and several more+ plus messages on whatnot, to date I have not had any response to any.  I have not set up a dd, and I did not provide meter readings and photos as requested as advised did not want to switch.  I have just found out the switch still took place this weekend.  I have not even provided final meter readings to my previous supplier as not requested.  

I do not wan5 to sta6 with pure planet especially now after the service provided, can anyone advise how to resolve this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Aglen 

How do  you know the switch has gone ahead?

What do you see when you log into your account?

Did you try to cancel using the cancellation option when logged in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Nataly can you merge this with @Aglen’s other post?

I have been advised by my previous supplier the switch happened.  When I log into pure planet it just request meter readings and the next dd will be collected 4 may. Where should I be looking to cancel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Aglen 

It looks like you’ve switched then as presumably the DD for April has been taken?
The cancel option is only there for 14 days, presumably you switched more than 14 days ago?

Did you switch to a fixed or variable tariff? This will change your options...

I’m not sure what PP will do here, if you tried to cancel by email PP should be able to reverse the switch, or your original supplier may be able to treat it as an erroneous switch. Use help&support>ask a Q. (wattbot) when logged in to ask.

@Nataly I’d like to see a reply from PP here, as I don’t want to mislead you. My concern is that if you changed to a fixed tariff they will charge you exit fees, and you don’t want that to happen.

Alternatively you could stay and forgive the initial glitch, we’re a friendly lot and I’m sure you’ll be happy here!

You can also send your readings via wattbot or enter them in the app or when logged in online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

'Cancel switch' moon on main page of the app. See the screenshot in here:

I sent emails to advise changed mind but noting, every time they asked for something meters readings and photos, replied to say changed mind but switch still went ahead and still cannot get anyone to reply.  Sent so many messages now.  Really sick of it.  

Hi @Aglen 

Welcome to The Community, just to clarify:

Judging by your comment above, you responded with ‘changed mind’ (or words to that effect) to the email address that requests the meter readings and photos.
If that is what you did, then Pure Planet will never respond to them, those replies are sent from:

no-reply@mail.purepla.net

Which means anything you send back will be automatically binned, never to be seen by a human.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy

I am now out of the 14 days as sent emails did not realise you could cancel on the link.  I know my mistake, but they are not replying to any messages either.

Hi no did not send any emails to that address sent to help@pureplant.net,  and lots of messages on whattbot.  Have never experienced anything like this before, I have now just wasted another half a day trying to sort this because they doNOT reply.

I am now out of the 14 days as sent emails did not realise you could cancel on the link.  I know my mistake, but they are not replying to any messages either.

If you are now leaving messages in WattBot for ‘The Team’ - responses can take up to 3 working days.

I’m surprised your switch actually went ahead if you did not supply direct debit details, normally your first payment is taken on switching day, I also find it odd that Pure Planet are stating the next payment will be taken 4th May if you’ve not supplied direct debit information.

Hopefully someone from Pure Planet can look into this and confirm what actually has happened.

I am hoping as not good to deal with, I am surprised as also did not send meter reading or photos as the requested.  I have been sending messages on whattbot since 3 April.

Good luck @Aglen — Wattbot replies will happen, but tend to take 3 days. As we’ve just had Easter, it might take a little longer...

I have been sending messages on whattbot since 3 April.

3rd April was Saturday, considering:

Easter Bank holiday.
The fact Pure Planet only work Monday to Friday.

The earliest anyone’s going to read the messages is today, and I guess that depends how big a backlog they have with being closed for 4 days instead of 2.

With Pure Planet stating replies can take ‘up to 3 working days’ you may not get an answer until Friday.

Back working this:
I presume you applied to switch on 18th March (or thereabouts)
Although you could cancel up to 1st April (approx), the latest you could request to cancel via email and actually have anything take place in time would be 27th or 28th March (allowing time lag for email responses.) I presume a cancel request within the app would have worked even though the office was closed.

If you contacted Pure Planet before 27th March, then their service is at fault, any time after that, and arguably it’s as much ‘bad timing’ due to Bank Holidays as anything, so far as I’m aware the 14/17 day periods don’t say ‘excluding Bank Holidays and Weekends.’

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Plus Nats single handed remember, Marc on leave.

Hi @Aglen 

I’ve asked our Member Services team about this - they’ve let me know they’ve received and replied to your WattBot chat from 3 April, and are also currently working on your complaint case. They’ll email you today to confirm the next steps - they’re looking at sending your supplies back to your previous supplier as an ‘erroneous transfer’. Once that work is done, it’ll be as if you’d never switched from your previous supplier. 

They’ll also make sure your first Direct Debit payment is refunded:thumbsup:

Plus Nats single handed remember, Marc on leave.

Terrible that @Marc abandoning @Nataly at times like this. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣