Solved

Discuss property set up

• 1 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, the set up in our property is slightly unusual in so much as we turned 2 flats which each had their own gas and electric meter into one house but have retained the four meters. I have just submitted readings for downstairs meters but now need to submit readings for the upstairs meters but don’t have the option to do this. For precious supplier I had two separate accounts to enable this to happen. Many thanks, Julie

icon

Best answer by woz 1 November 2020, 14:17

@happy123# 

The 2 meters outstanding (check the meter serials on the statement and front of the meters to be sure which ones have moved to PP) will still be with the previous supplier.

You’ll need to switch them in using a different email, (easy if you’re gmail add a plus and some word (mymail@gmail=mymail+meter2@gmail, other means are possible) however, a couple of points spring to mind.

1.You’ll be paying 2 lots of standing charges. Long term if the house is not going to revert you might consider having the 2 removed. (I would think the  consolidation of supplies, post meter won’t be too difficult if the meters are in close proximity, but that’s just a guess.)

2..care needed when switching as you’ll need to give the correct info as far as the meter database is concerned to discriminate what you’re switching, in other words the meter database may still see the other 2 meters as

flat 2 (or 1?)
your address
somewhere
AB1 2CD

View original

4 replies

Hi, the set up in our property is slightly unusual in so much as we turned 2 flats which each had their own gas and electric meter into one house but have retained the four meters. I have just submitted readings for downstairs meters but now need to submit readings for the upstairs meters but don’t have the option to do this. For precious supplier I had two separate accounts to enable this to happen. Many thanks, Julie

Hi @happy123# 
I presume that currently Pure Planet is therefore supplying one ‘flat’ and your previous supplier is still supplying the other?

I suspect that you will need to set up a second account at Pure Planet, which as it’s linked to your email address, would require you to use another email address.

However, it would probably be best for you to contact Member Services, which you do using WattBot in the app or online, before you take any action.

To contact Member Services (I think that’s what they are called.)

When logged in to your app or online account.

Three bars top.

Get help and support.

Ask a question.

Type ‘Message the Team.’

WattBot may well try to help you, but I can’t see how it can resolve this, so best to just persevere until it puts you through to Member Services.

Due to the ways of the world, responses are currently taking up to 3 working days, may be longer due to the new restrictions about to come in.

@Marc  and @Nataly are the two Pure Planet Staff members here, it may be worth you messaging either of them to see if they can offer any advice, however, no-one in the community has access to account information.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 1

Thanks very much for the advice Gwyndy, I will contact someone from the team 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@happy123# 

The 2 meters outstanding (check the meter serials on the statement and front of the meters to be sure which ones have moved to PP) will still be with the previous supplier.

You’ll need to switch them in using a different email, (easy if you’re gmail add a plus and some word (mymail@gmail=mymail+meter2@gmail, other means are possible) however, a couple of points spring to mind.

1.You’ll be paying 2 lots of standing charges. Long term if the house is not going to revert you might consider having the 2 removed. (I would think the  consolidation of supplies, post meter won’t be too difficult if the meters are in close proximity, but that’s just a guess.)

2..care needed when switching as you’ll need to give the correct info as far as the meter database is concerned to discriminate what you’re switching, in other words the meter database may still see the other 2 meters as

flat 2 (or 1?)
your address
somewhere
AB1 2CD

Userlevel 1

Top tip about the email, thank you. May leave the separate supplies as never know if we may revert back some day. Best wishes 😊