Solved

Changing to pure planet from meter key

• 17 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi there, I have just moved into a new house and it uses a EDF prepayment meter. I would like to move to Pure Planet. I understand I need to change it to a credit account? But will Pure Planet also come and give me a new meter? I don't really understand how I should switch.
icon

Best answer by stephenrand 17 September 2019, 15:58

Hi Dannee

The sad news is that Pure Planet don't currently take on customers with prepayment meters...

Which is a real shame.

Citizens Advice say "Get your prepayment meter replaced with a normal meter. You can ask your energy supplier to replace your prepayment meter with a normal meter, as long as you're not in debt to them. Replacing the meter will let you pay for your gas or electricity after you use it, rather than in advance."

So perhaps you could get EDF to do that asap, then you can switch to Pure Planet!?

Stephen
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Dannee

The sad news is that Pure Planet don't currently take on customers with prepayment meters...

Which is a real shame.

Citizens Advice say "Get your prepayment meter replaced with a normal meter. You can ask your energy supplier to replace your prepayment meter with a normal meter, as long as you're not in debt to them. Replacing the meter will let you pay for your gas or electricity after you use it, rather than in advance."

So perhaps you could get EDF to do that asap, then you can switch to Pure Planet!?

Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi dannee.
In your situation you will need to ask the current supplier to change the meter to a normal credit meter. Once this is complete then switch to PP.