Question

Cannot join as app shows as "you switched away"

• 7 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I was a customer but seems like the app is no longer allowing me to join back?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Triggs 

I assume you switched away? Did you move properties?

You need to start with a  quote, (or via a comparison website ). You can’t just instantly just  “switch back”.

The app should now show a switch back option on the front, if you click that it should take you to get a quote, or you can get a quote at purepla.net or via one of the comparison sites. As long as you use the same email as you used first time the app will then continue.

If none of that applies try deleting and updating the app?

Hey @Triggs 

Welcome back!

I believe @woz is spot on, you’ll need to start a new switch back to PP. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replies :)

I have already signed up using a comparison site as you suggested @woz but the app still shows as switched away.  I’ll try removing the app and installing again.

Just deleted the app and reinstalled but still shows the same options.  I think the only option I have is get a new quote.  Is there any difference to the offer I got from uswitch @Marc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for your replies :)

I have already signed up using a comparison site as you suggested @woz but the app still shows as switched away.  I’ll try removing the app and installing again.

@Triggs Have you received an email asking you to verify your switch/email account, that’s the step that switches you. The Uswitch may have different incentives, I’d need to check (possibly a slightly lower standing charge) not so see below...

Make sure you use the same email address (as previously) for everything.

Late edit

just checked uswitch, the standing charge is showing as  the same amount (for the fixed tariff) so I’m not clear what the incentive to use uswitch is? mse cheap energy shows a £25 cashback and a lower standing charge (£10 less a year)