Solved

Cancellation of switch

• 19 September 2020
  • 9 replies

How do I cancel the switch? I do not wish to go ahead.

icon

Best answer by woz 19 September 2020, 15:16

@glimp you can cancel in app or online when logged in, if you have verified/confirmed your email (which is the final part of the switching process) you’ll see a cancel option when you log in.

(If you haven’t confirmed you haven’t switched.)

Why do you want to cancel?

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@glimp you can cancel in app or online when logged in, if you have verified/confirmed your email (which is the final part of the switching process) you’ll see a cancel option when you log in.

(If you haven’t confirmed you haven’t switched.)

Why do you want to cancel?

I know I haven’t switched, that is what I want to stop. I am  logged in but can’t see anything to stop this happening. As\far as I am aware I have confirmed my email address twice.

I want to cancel because I received an email stating that I would be making a first payment of almost £100.00. Rather more than expected and the explanation came afterwards. Plus, there isn’t any method of asking questions. I am most unimpressed with the whole thing and wish to quit asap as I am going elsewhere.

Success, used the app. Now cancelled.

Success, used the app. Now cancelled.

Well the decision is yours to make, and you have made it.

Although I must confess to be slightly confused by two things you have stated:

“I received an email stating that I would be making a first payment of almost £100.00. Rather more than expected and the explanation came afterwards.”

So far as I can recall from when I joined, and I presume it hasn’t changed, Pure Planet have always been very forthcoming about the 40/60 split to the energy bill, and I can’t think of any other reason why your bill could be ‘rather more than expected’ - although I would hope if you got a quote recently, that ‘Winter payments’ would have been prominent.

I can therefore only assume that this rather prominent part of your welcome pack:

“So, your first payment of £…. will be collected on ....”

Didn’t contain an explanation regarding the split?

If so, this is something that needs to be raised with @Marc , and @Nataly .

“Plus, there isn’t any method of asking questions. I am most unimpressed with the whole thing and wish to quit asap as I am going elsewhere.”

Were these methods of communication not prominently displayed in your welcome pack?

WattBot in the App?
WattBot’s ‘Message the Team’ facility?
This forum?

Which are the three obvious ‘methods of asking questions’ that I’m aware of, the last of which you actually took advantage of.

There’s also Facebook and Twitter, probably other social media platforms, I know they have an Instagram, not sure if you can send feedback via it.

Please provide feedback if possible, they can’t fix what they don’t realise is wrong.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

“So, your first payment of £…. will be collected on ....”
Not really part of the welcome pack, more a part of email that the welcome pack accompanied. The explanation was in the welcome pack, so came afterwards because I read the email first.

“Were these methods of communication not prominently displayed in your welcome pack?”

“Wattbot in the app”.I was using a PC, strange but my preference.

“WattBot’s ‘Message the Team’ facility?”. Ah yes, but where? I could not find it.

“This forum?”. As you so correctly spotted it was the one I used.

Yes, the decision is mine and I made it because I felt the proceedings this far into the switch were far from simple and straightforward and I could not see any reason to believe they would improve. As far as feedback, not really my place as presumably everyone else is happy.

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard

Thank you for your responses, hopefully @Nataly  and @Marc can raise the issues you have discovered so that future customers are better informed.

I also prefer to use my PC, so I don’t find it strange, although I think when I signed up, there was no PC option - it’s been a while, I can’t remember now.

WattBot is available via PC, it’s under ‘Get Help and Support’ 

It appears both this facility, and the ability for WattBot to put you through to the team if it can’t help, need to be made more widely known. 

I wish you better success with your current/next supplier.

Kindest Regards

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What I would say is that if there is a significant ANNUAL saving by switching, compared with other companies offerings then it’s shooting yourself in the foot by cancelling just because you pay more in the colder months. The irony here is (and I’m guessing) that if @glimp had been switching in April or May or June then I’ll bet he wouldn’t have cancelled because the dd looked too high.

Of course if finances are such that one can’t find the extra £16.67 a month for 6 months that’s a different matter.

Annual £1000    --->12 equal payments of £83.33

With PP 6x £100 and 6x £66.67

I raise the point again, wattbot is not available online unless you’re logged in - I appreciate that may not be apposite in this case.

I WAS logged in, there was/is no live Wottbot icon that I can see and there is nothing I can see under help.

As for “irony”, I just found it rather annoying put the way round that it was presented, nothing to do with affordability.

There wasn’t a significant or insignificant saving to be made, my new supplier is VERY similar.

Methods of contacting the organisation are messy and not very user friendly. I am happy to be off.

I wish you all the best of luck with your chosen supplier, just accept that I am not impressed with it. My prerogative.

Interesting reading there @glimp, thanks for sharing…

Good luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I WAS logged in, there was/is no live Wottbot icon that I can see and there is nothing I can see under help.

As for “irony”, I just found it rather annoying put the way round that it was presented, nothing to do with affordability.

There wasn’t a significant or insignificant saving to be made, my new supplier is VERY similar.

Methods of contacting the organisation are messy and not very user friendly. I am happy to be off.

I wish you all the best of luck with your chosen supplier, just accept that I am not impressed with it. My prerogative.

@glimp well I did say I was guessing re the “irony”. Good luck wherever you go.

Wattbot is in help and support in the menu.(ask a question)