Solved

Can't send meter reading as meter not working and nobody is replying on Wattbot

• 9 October 2020
  • 8 replies

I'm switching and needed to send opening meter readings. Electricity has now been switched but gas meter isn't working at all. I've sent message on wattbot but nobody is contacting me so stuck with gas still with old supplier. I'm frustrated at the lack of help I'm getting and don't know what else to do!

icon

Best answer by Duppy 9 October 2020, 19:16

Hi @Dforster 

It's worth mentioning that the gas and electric rarely switch at the same time. There was a two week delay switching my gas..

If your not having any luck with Wattbot, type "message the team" before your question, it will then be sent through, replies are not instant usually within two working days.

Also if you gas meter is a smart meter, it needs to be woken up by pressing a button, usually A or 9, look for m3 reading

View original

8 replies

Hi @Dforster,

How frustrating!

If you persist with the Wattbot, it will give up trying to help itself and pass your enquiry on to the team. Give this a go… The team should respond in a day or two.

Shout back here to let us know how you get on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Dforster 

It's worth mentioning that the gas and electric rarely switch at the same time. There was a two week delay switching my gas..

If your not having any luck with Wattbot, type "message the team" before your question, it will then be sent through, replies are not instant usually within two working days.

Also if you gas meter is a smart meter, it needs to be woken up by pressing a button, usually A or 9, look for m3 reading

Hi @Dforster,

How frustrating!

If you persist with the Wattbot, it will give up trying to help itself and pass your enquiry on to the team. Give this a go… The team should respond in a day or two.

Shout back here to let us know how you get on.

Finally after 5 days I had a reply to say they've estimated my gas reading, which isn't great. They asked for a photo of meter as well as asking if someone is going to come out to fix it but 5 days later still no reply again. 

Can't say I'm impressed with their customer service and don't think this way of only being able to contact them virtually works. I would have had my questions answered and sorted with most companies.

Hi @Dforster 

Yes I had tried pressing both buttons and normally it comes on within a few seconds but nothing. Hopefully someone will come out to fix it as I don't want estimated bills all the time.

Yeah, 5 days is too slow for a reply. You’re right to be aggrieved. I think this is an exception, but still, too slow.

They like an initial photo to check the meter serial numbers.

Hey @Dforster 

If your meter display is no longer working, the team will be able to arrange a meter replacement for you :thumbsup:

Has this been sorted for you now? :slight_smile:

Hey @Dforster 

If your meter display is no longer working, the team will be able to arrange a meter replacement for you :thumbsup:

Has this been sorted for you now? :slight_smile:

Hi

No still not been sorted but did get another message to ask if I'd tried pressing the button to wake it up 🙄. I obviously had and still nothing so don't know how long before they fix it if they don't operate by phone.

Keep squeaking @Dforster, they will fix it once you get past their first line defences. They have to ask the easy questions, looking for simple fixes, first...