Solved

Can I make my first payment via debit card instead of direct debit

• 20 September 2021
  • 5 replies

I am acting on behalf of my disabled client, who has asked to be placed on your Priorities Register. She has her money currently managed and she is unable to use the telephone. She needs her first, and subsequent payments to be made on a certain date, and needed it to start today. She’d like to pay her first instalment via debit card as her bank account money will already be allocated to her old energy company for this month. She deals with her own finance, but online, and is unable to find a way to contact you to do this.

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 21 September 2021, 00:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

parents are made via DD on the 1st day of your switch and then subsequently every month after that  .

you can change your payment date, if you like, via the app, under "balance and payments">"change parent date". But I think you can only do this after the 1st parent has been taken via DD.

don't think there's a way to pay 1st payment other than via DD

https://community.purepla.net/payments-31/direct-debit-payments-when-do-they-start-10314

Thank you for taking the time to answer me, it’s appreciated. If Pure Planet are reading this then may I suggest that you can also offer the first payment to be made at the time of the switch, if preferred, by other payment methods, and let the customer set the direct debit date to their convenience. The amount of which can be calculated, once they’ve made their first payment up front. Then, they are always paying up front, just on a date preferred by them, and not you. 

Thank you for taking the time to answer me, it’s appreciated. If Pure Planet are reading this then may I suggest that you can also offer the first payment to be made at the time of the switch, if preferred, by other payment methods, and let the customer set the direct debit date to their convenience. The amount of which can be calculated, once they’ve made their first payment up front. Then, they are always paying up front, just on a date preferred by them, and not you. 

Not a Pure Planet Staff member, but it’s not a ‘date preferred by Pure Planet’ - as Pure Planet don’t ‘decide’ when the customer switches, that’s entirely down to the customer.
The only way currently I know of to decide what date you want the DD to go out for the first payment, is to start the switch 17 days beforehand - that’s because OFGEM state the process has to, unless something goes wrong, take 17 days (14 day cooling off period, 3 days for the ‘electronic paperwork’ to be processed. Although the DD itself has to be set-up during the ‘cooling-off’ period.)

I’m not sure quite what you mean by this: ‘ The amount of which can be calculated, once they’ve made their first payment up front.’ - the amount of the monthly direct debit is calculated in advance, by taking what the customer says their annual usage is when they sign up, and dividing it into 12 payments - this is fairly standard energy industry practice - although Pure Planet then split those 12 payments into 6 ‘Spring/Summer’ and 6 ‘Autumn/Winter’ which isn’t.

Hello, I’m gaining 3rd hand information on how the system works, via my client so thank you for clarifying that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Sal The Therapist 

Who chose Pure Planet as the supplier, was it the person who manages her finances or the client? themselves?