Solved

Awaiting first Bill after switch

• 8 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I switched from Eon to Pure Planet on 27/07/20 through GoCompare, however i haven't heard anything since, is there anyway i can confirm that you are now my energy provider? Go compare advised i wouldn't need to contact anyone but i just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

David Murphy

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 8 October 2020, 22:47

Hi @MaveDurph95 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to their customers - but we try and be a helpful bunch.

When your switch begins you get a welcome pack by email. About 14 days later you get asked for your initial meter readings, and then after 17 days your first direct debit payment is taken.

So if none of those things have happened, you haven't switched.

Have a read of this FAQ, it may explain what has happened.

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-to-pure-planet-from-a-price-comparison-website-10438

The simplest way forward is to ask for a quote direct from Pure Planet and begin again. If you were due some additional benefit because you used the comparison site, it may be that if you contact Pure Planet they will honour that offer. 

Post back if you want more help

Stephen

View original

3 replies

Hi,

I switched from Eon to Pure Planet on 27/07/20 through GoCompare, however i haven't heard anything since, is there anyway i can confirm that you are now my energy provider? Go compare advised i wouldn't need to contact anyone but i just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

David Murphy

Hi @MaveDurph95 

I will be honest, if it’s been that long and you’ve not received a statement from Pure Planet, then I doubt you’ve been switched.
The switching process takes 17 days from the point you confirm you wish to switch (14 day cooling-off period, 3 days to sort the switch itself.)

Pure Planet will have sent you an email which would have requested that you confirm you wished to switch.

Did you receive this email?

Did you confirm you wished to switch?

If so,

Have you installed the Pure Planet app?

Does that app show you are a registered customer?

Have you logged in using your email address @ purepla.net?

If so, when you ‘go to account’ top right, does it show you have any account history?

You can find more information on the switching process here and here.

Kindest regards
Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MaveDurph95 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to their customers - but we try and be a helpful bunch.

When your switch begins you get a welcome pack by email. About 14 days later you get asked for your initial meter readings, and then after 17 days your first direct debit payment is taken.

So if none of those things have happened, you haven't switched.

Have a read of this FAQ, it may explain what has happened.

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/switching-to-pure-planet-from-a-price-comparison-website-10438

The simplest way forward is to ask for a quote direct from Pure Planet and begin again. If you were due some additional benefit because you used the comparison site, it may be that if you contact Pure Planet they will honour that offer. 

Post back if you want more help

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

Thanks,

David Murphy

hi @MaveDurph95  I’m sorry to say that if gocompare informed you that no further action was necessary they have mis-informed you. As said above if you didn’t verify then you didn’t switch. However you’ve left it for 2½ months or so before querying?

I think you should take this up with gocompare if that’s what they told you.