Solved

Account hasnt been set up properly

My account switched over last month but my previous supplier (Bulb) says they haven’t been approached

my account is showing the wrong adress and I can’t seem to get hold of pure planet

whats the best way of speaking to someone as I can’t afford to pay 2 lots of bills each month in the meantime 

icon

Best answer by Nataly 14 April 2021, 10:49

Hi @Rinossett @Gwyndy @woz 

This certainly sounds like an erroneous transfer - more info on what that means and how it’s sorted here.

Unfortunately sometimes this can happen, for a number of reasons including the national database (used by suppliers to identify supplies) being inaccurate or out of date… but, that’s why the erroneous transfer process exists. Our Member Services team will be able to get this sorted for you, they’ll just need photos of the full fronts of your meters @Rinossett

They’ll also be able to discuss your payments with you. :thumbsup:  

Nice one for messaging the team! That’s the first step to getting this sorted. If you haven’t already, I’d also head back into your chat to send the photos of your meters - as this’ll be the first thing our Member Services team needs to check. :slight_smile:

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

Here are some options to contact PP:

the best option is the 1st. Type in 'message the team' then you can send them a message 

'Please note this is not an instant chat. Replies usually take 3-4 working days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

My account switched over last month but my previous supplier (Bulb) says they haven’t been approached

my account is showing the wrong adress and I can’t seem to get hold of pure planet

whats the best way of speaking to someone as I can’t afford to pay 2 lots of bills each month in the meantime 

@Rinossett 

It may also be worth checking, does your PP account have the correct meter serial number? Look at the front of the meter.

Where/how did the address error originate?

Also if you’re in credit with bulb it’s certainly worth asking them in the circumstances to reduce the DD or suspend it while this is sorted.

Hi @Rinossett 

Sounds like you’re at the ‘other end’ of one of these (normally it’s the person switched in error who notices)

Erroneous transfers - what are they? | Community (purepla.net)

Try putting ‘Erroneous transfer’ or ‘Message the Team’ into WattBot.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy ahhh I see now, when I read the original post because it said my account switched over last month I assumed perhaps? wrongly that @Rinossett had switched it (and the subject line reinforces that). Now it (maybe) makes more sense?

If it was an erroneous transfer shouldn’t bulb be dealing with it?

Bulb have said that pure planet haven’t told them about the switch so as far as they are concerned bulb are still my supplier until PP tell them. So need PP to contact them 

I have sent a message so hoping I hear something soon

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Rinossett

OK I’ve now re-read this, I think what’s happened here is that PP have NOT  switched you away from Bulb,. What they have done is switched someone else away (that’s why your address is wrong, the address is the person they have switched) and they have allocated that switch to your account. You are still with Bulb.

That’s my guess..  if so will need some heavy sorting from PP’s end although it’s hard to see how this has happened...

@Marc ?

That’s my guess too

however as I’m now having to pay £160pm to both PP and Bulb until this is sorted I need it resolved ASAP 

@Rinossett

I think what’s happened here is that PP have NOT  switched you away from Bulb,. What they have done is switched someone else away.

@Marc ?

That’s why I said he was on ‘the other end’ of it, I think @Rinossett  applied to switch, is paying for the energy used, but the meter etc connected to the account belongs to someone else, hence Bulb saying ‘we haven’t been approached.’ Currently @Rinossett is paying Pure Planet for someone else’s energy.

Someone, somewhere has been changed to Pure Planet in @Rinossett’s place (presumably the occupier of the other address), but either hasn’t realised, hasn’t posted here, or is getting their old supplier to sort it.

Can bulb actually do anything? or is it down to Pure Planet/the provider at the incorrect address?

Does the ‘incorrect’ switch need to be ‘terminated’ before the correct switch can be sorted out?

I think @Nataly or someone needs to ask Pure Planet to stop taking the DD until this is sorted, as currently @Rinossett is paying for energy he/she is not using.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Gwyndy @Rinossett it worries me that this should have happened (if it has...)

I think this merits a full forensic investigation (along with David Cameron’s private messages)

May I ask did PP request a photo of the meter and does the serial on the front of the meter match what’s on the account? If it does you have even bigger problems (or someone does...)

Sorry @Gwyndy I managed to misinterpret the original post and your reply - perhaps it’s time for my medication...

Hi @Rinossett @Gwyndy @woz 

This certainly sounds like an erroneous transfer - more info on what that means and how it’s sorted here.

Unfortunately sometimes this can happen, for a number of reasons including the national database (used by suppliers to identify supplies) being inaccurate or out of date… but, that’s why the erroneous transfer process exists. Our Member Services team will be able to get this sorted for you, they’ll just need photos of the full fronts of your meters @Rinossett

They’ll also be able to discuss your payments with you. :thumbsup:  

Nice one for messaging the team! That’s the first step to getting this sorted. If you haven’t already, I’d also head back into your chat to send the photos of your meters - as this’ll be the first thing our Member Services team needs to check. :slight_smile:

That’s all ok if they get hold of me, still waiting