"Bill" or Statement Immediately or asap after first payment is received.

Idea Status: Not for us

Customers should receive their first statement or bill (or whatever you'd like to call it) as soon as the first direct debit payment is received by PP. They shouldn't have to wait a month for the first statement/bill.
The statement at a minimum should show the amount of the DD, any starting account readings submitted where you have them, and if they have been agreed a note to say so, or a note to say opening readings are pending agreement, and other stuff which I'll cover in a different thread.
As to what should be on this statement is open ended , and open to discussion.
A first day statement. Would that be worth it as all it would show was a payment and no usage.
What if the app could flag up payment received somehow. With balance would be even better.
Well I think so, but then I suggested it...
it would be reassuring, it would cement the relationship between the customer and PP, enable problems to be picked up, have contact details etc. etc.
Jon1;11834:
A first day statement. Would that be worth it as all it would show was a payment and no usage.
What if the app could flag up payment received somehow. With balance would be even better.

I concur re the reassurance side Woz, but my reservation with this would be it’d highlight the money going out in advance. There’s no stealth with PP re charging customers in advance, but would this open the floodgates to the negative minority who might not otherwise have really noticed?
On the contrary it would increase the transparency in my opinion. The naysayers are always going to be negative whatever you do, but now that you mention it maybe more prominence should be given to the timing of the first payment?
Bev;11929:
I concur re the reassurance side Woz, but my reservation with this would be it’d highlight the money going out in advance. There’s no stealth with PP re charging customers in advance, but would this open the floodgates to the negative minority who might not otherwise have really noticed?

@woz @Bev @Jon1

Do you think being able to see balance and transaction history in the app (coming v.soon) will help?
I'm not convinced on sending a statement on day 1. As Jon1 says, it wouldn't have much information on it.

But - yes to more prominence of day of first payment. I'll be tweaking quote and join to make sure it can't be missed.
hi Georgie
With respect I disagree about the statement, it would have mpan/rn, address, meter numbers, opening readings, details of payment taken and balance, could also have payment plan, plus all the other stuff, so I wouldn't say it doesn't have much info on it.
It's a reinforcement, especially for older people who aren't as comfortable with the app.
Also it helps people to spot if there are any errors they may have missed which might not come to light for a month.
Hi @woz
Sorry, forgot to get back to you on this one. I totally understand all your points on this, but I don't think it's for us.
I think there's opportunity for more confusion, especially with opening readings (which may not have been verified by the industry yet). We're working on more app functionality and clearer join and quote journeys which will hopefully address some of the points you've made.

As ever - thanks for the idea, it's food for thought and will definitely feed in to other work we're doing 🙂