Joining process should have facility to submit landline number?

Idea Status: We're Looking Into It

The joining process should have a separate facility (or subroutine) to submit a landline number especially now that there is web access (I appreciate the same was true when it was tablet but no web, it was half OK then, but I think no longer. )
​Thoughts?
woz;35950:
The joining process should have a separate facility (or subroutine) to submit a landline number especially now that there is web access (I appreciate the same was true when it was tablet but no web, it was half OK then, but I think no longer. )
​Thoughts?

Land line numbers were so last century. 🤣

On a serious note you should be able to put either or both and indicate which is your preferred method of contact, obviously it is difficult to send texts to a land line though not impossible.
Landline?! 😖😖😖😖🤬🤬🤬🤬, who DOESNT own a mobile today?!
that's really helpful...:p...
The question should be who prefers using their landline even though they may have a mobile.
Would you like a list? (mostly older people).
Bev;35992:
Landline?! ������������������������������������������������, who DOESNT own a mobile today?!

I get where ya coming from our Wozeeta 😉
Hey I’m turning into a night 🦉like you!
woz;35995:
that's really helpful...:p...
The question should be who prefers using their landline even though they may have a mobile.
Would you like a list? (mostly older people).

I often misplace my mobile but never misplace my landline.
My mobiles external speaker failed about 3 weeks ago and I didn't realise I'd miss 3 calls and 2 texts (one was from 1571).
What's the general feeling about this, folks? Is this urgent?
Nah 👎👎👎👎👎👎🤣
What's a landline? I believe my router has that facility, but I've nothing to plug into it
It's not urgent, (the issue is not easily solvable for messaging etc, but it's about the ability to use a landline number when joining if you don't have a mobile - it will affect very few but it's about equal opportunities for the demographic affected.
​Your call...

Marc;39062:
What's the general feeling about this, folks? Is this urgent?

Impressive, you have magic broadband, unless it's either using a Virgin cable landline, fibre to your property, a satellite link or mobile data.
Duppy;39084:
What's a landline? I believe my router has that facility, but I've nothing to plug into it

woz;39095:
Impressive, you have magic broadband, unless it's either using a Virgin cable landline, fibre to your property, a satellite link or mobile data.

Your correct Woz, it's a Virgin cable hub 3. The engineer put an adapter in the back, but I haven't used a landline for ages. I'm hearing impaired and my mobile does some trickery for hearing aid users
I'm sending you a DM...just writing it now...
Duppy;39097:
Your correct Woz, it's a Virgin cable hub 3. The engineer put an adapter in the back, but I haven't used a landline for ages. I'm hearing impaired and my mobile does some trickery for hearing aid users