Ability to choose meter pic from phone's photo library for opening readings

Related products: Pure Planet app & website Meter readings & usage

Why not include the facility in the app to upload photos just taken? Took photos to submit my first readings. It's 0c - I do not want to go back out to take photos again, within the app!

Hi @Gary14125 

Welcome to the Community.

The Community has no access to account information, you’ll need to send them to Member Services via.

Help and Support

Ask a Question

And when WattBot appears, type either ‘Submit Meter Reading Photos’ or if that fails type  'Message the Team.'

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Who actually thought you could upload your first meter reading photos, but it’s been over a year.

@Gary14125  

Wimp! where’s your spirit of adventure

Remember that famous quote "I'm going out to read the meters - I may be some time….”

hmmm….cubic feet x100 or is it frozen feet x 100...

you’ll only need to send them once, when you enter your normal readings in the app it’s just the numbers required, but that said it isn’t a bad idea.

(Make sure your account is is in cubic feet, not that I think it won’t be but it’s worth checking)

(No point in posting them here btw)

Hey @Gary14125 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

Do you mean - the ability to send monthly meter readings via a camera? So that the phone’s camera reads the numbers? (The actual photos are only needed and asked for once. When it’s the opening meter readings)

Jesus wept 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀That’s one huge 🕷️you’ve got under that top shelf, Gary! I wouldn’t wanna go back in there either! 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀

@Gary14125’s sensible idea is to attach a previously taken photo within the app, rather than taking a new photo within the app. Lots of app’s let you do this.

Stay warm!

@Gary14125’s sensible idea is to attach a previously taken photo within the app, rather than taking a new photo within the app. Lots of app’s let you do this.

Stay warm!

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that Pure Planet’s intention is that by submitting them in the app, they have a record of exactly when the photos were taken, just in case there are any ‘disagreements’ over the usage data?

Fair point @Gwyndy . EXIF data can be faked.

Fair point @Gwyndy . EXIF data can be faked.

but it’s safer than using a metal coat-hanger….

Stay warm!

Ah, I see! Thanks @25 quid So you can take the photo for the opening meter reading (which is the only time we need them) and upload them from the comfort of your fav armchair?