A choice of fonts and font sizes would be useful

Related products: Pure Planet Community

A choice of fonts and font sizes for community posting would be useful, styles is too restrictive as it stands.

I realise this is rather organic so may not happen , but hey, it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Never hurts to ask @woz  :smile:

Dun’t feel the same riding into the big Y without the big Y.

This is now being looked into. :thumbsup:

One of the tech guys had the idea also that it could be linked to ranks? When you get to a certain commununity rank you get editor privileges? 

Aha, some people are more equal that others… I feel it would be unfortunate to travel the segregation road further.

This is now being looked into. :thumbsup:

One of the tech guys had the idea also that it could be linked to ranks? When you get to a certain commununity rank you get editor privileges? 

Which in a roundabout way brings me to ask about adding dot mov files to the allowable attachment list (perhaps 10mb file-size limit?)

However I agree with @25 quid if fonts are added it should be for all. 

Which in a roundabout way brings me to ask about adding dot mov files to the allowable attachment list (perhaps 10mb file-size limit?)

Or if you do go that way, would .mp4 be more compatible? Would be nice not to have to put movies on YouTube, but your geeks might twitch at the storage needed. But as @woz says, a low limit would allow useful illustrations of misbehaviour to be easily shared. (But we seem to have strayed off topic, good job @Marc likes that!)

agreed, yes I should have been more specific, .mov is a container, so yes, h264 dot mp4 files.

MP4 is also a container @woz. #pendant 🤓

I know, but that wasn’t my point, I said h264, did you want me to specify level and profile?

The point, I thought was that whatever movie files were accepted  should include commonly/currently used encoding profiles for moving image files. mp4 is I think? more commonly used than .mov, if you include the androids.

I shall @25 quid refer back to the donkey if this file harassment persists, did you mean #pedant? 

(While I’m here perhaps you can explain the inclusion of a hashtag before making a point? #Idon’tgetit ) ooohhh now that I read this back  it could be interpreted as #angry, but it isn’t...

Haha, just seen my pendant typo. Brilliant. 
Have a happy day, all good from my perspective… 🤩

Haha, just seen my pendant typo. Brilliant. 
Have a happy day, all good from my perspective… 🤩

is that #allgood?

Hi all

Going through latest posts I've come across this thread. It prompted deep thought and reflection, which I'm glad to say it can be summed up in one simple word... Why??!!

There. I've said it. I feel better now. I'll go and lie down…

Hi all

Going through latest posts I've come across this thread. It prompted deep thought and reflection, which I'm glad to say it can be summed up in one simple word... Why??!!

There. I've said it. I feel better now. I'll go and lie down…

Hey @woz 

I don’t think someone has to be against something to question the need for it.

It’s a good question IMHO. Why have a choice of fonts? What’s the use case?

My reply was supposed to be lighthearted  in the spirit of Stephen’s question, not confrontational...(delusional I know).

The use case is that formatting a message can (not necessarily will) make it more effective and it can make the community more fun…as you can see it certainly worked with my last reply!  >(places tongue firmly in cheek)< there is an example of where using a different font would have been effective...

Think back to some of the replies in the old community.

The ‘use case’ is obvious, if it’s a big deal or no-one else is interested so be it.

It’s more benefit for the regulars, people who post one message or complaint don’t care either way, it would just be nice to have (like maple syrup makes your banana more fun, but you won’t die without it).

Hi @woz 

Your reply did make me smile (most of your posts do!)

I realise some of us regulars need additional stimulus... There are even some who enjoy using emojis!!?? 🤷‍♀️

I just want Pure Planet to keep providing energy at very competitive prices, which may mean the tech guys focusing on mission critical issues - just saying.

I'll happily change my username to killjoy, in case that helps... (apparently there's no emoji for that!)

Boring Killjoy Plain Font Stephen

Hi @woz 

Your reply did make me smile (most of your posts do!)

I realise some of us regulars need additional stimulus... There are even some who enjoy using emojis!!?? 🤷‍♀️

I just want Pure Planet to keep providing energy at very competitive prices, which may mean the tech guys focusing on mission critical issues - just saying.

I'll happily change my username to killjoy, in case that helps... (apparently there's no emoji for that!)

Boring Killjoy Plain Font Stephen

@stephenrand haha, yes I take your point, no maple syrup for you then!

Who is joy? I don’t fancy being in her :high_heel::high_heel: ...

Which fonts would be in your top 10 @woz 

I’m assuming the usual list: Arial, Helvetica, Comic Sans….. :laughing:

@woz will definitely want Comic Sans...

@woz will definitely want Comic Sans...

ouch! Comic sans just isn’t funny...

@Marc a versatile mixture and  I suppose it depends what is free for commercial use, this is a random list (with comic sans even though it isn’t funny...)

Best font 1998-2020 award winner in my dreams 😁

But I would prefer that my statements were accurate and showed DR opening balances correctly…

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂made me titter 

If the fonts are all different, all over the site tho, isn’t it going to hurt everyone’s 👀and put people off reading it for long? 🤷‍♀️Just saying.

No, surely not!? Lots of Emoji’s look fine… 
I’ve told you, don’t call me Shirley.