Not for us

Windows App

• 4 November 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Idea Status: Not For Us

I have searched for this but cannot see it, but I feel would already be covered, anyway, here is my idea.

To expand the Pure Planet apps to also cater for Windows Phones and also be available from the Windows Store.

This would open the door for users who do not have iOS or Android devices but have a Windows Phone.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Already covered somewhere Gil, and can’t do links, but it’s deffo no. PP are cutting edge ✂️, and Windows and PCs are antiquated and ancient 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎. Seriously, the whole cutting edge feel is what truly drew me into PP and IMO that would sooooo be going backwards, and would seriously deter me. No lie. Just my opinion like.
Userlevel 6
Apologies to all and @Bev, I assumed this idea would have been but I probably cannot find it for looking.

Just for clarity, I am suggesting the App is also created for the Windows mobile platform, with the option then to add to Windows store. This is in-keeping with iOS and Android app functionality, just an additional platform. I personally don't see that as a step backwards, it will be down to how many users are not able to join because they do not have iOS / Android mobile platforms.

Similarly, the web portal idea is the same app approach, just another platform to run exactly the same "app" functionality as we see today.

I'll shut up now and move swiftly on....:o
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
No, never apologise Gil, it wasn’t put forward as an actual idea here as such, just a passing comment in a thread if I remember rightly. Only vaguely read it, as wasn’t for me, but somehow remember it’d be such a small percentage who’d require it, so think it was a no.

But dont let that deter your idea, no way. That was just my own opinion, Gil 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yes bev i remember a post that said only 1% of phones are windows based so the cost of development and license fees would be too expensive for any possible benefit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi gil
no apologies necessary, it has been covered but I'll tell you why I think the web portal isn't going to happen.
PP have made a conscious decision to be an app-only based supplier and that is the direction they want to develop.
I've pointed out (ad nauseum) that it strangles the demographic, but that's the way they want it. (I agree with you about the web portal)

Also the windows mobile is so small a market it's not worth the development costs.
dgilbert2;15616:
Apologies to all and @Bev, I assumed this idea would have been but I probably cannot find it for looking.

Just for clarity, I am suggesting the App is also created for the Windows mobile platform, with the option then to add to Windows store. This is in-keeping with iOS and Android app functionality, just an additional platform. I personally don't see that as a step backwards, it will be down to how many users are not able to join because they do not have iOS / Android mobile platforms.

Similarly, the web portal idea is the same app approach, just another platform to run exactly the same "app" functionality as we see today.

I'll shut up now and move swiftly on....:o
Userlevel 6
I'm still going to vote for a "same functionality" web portal, it would be so helpful in my book, even if the Windows platform idea gets booted out. Just look how many people who had problems with the app, for whatever reason, "may" have found such a portal more natural to navigate around. PC's and Desktops (& web browsers) are going to around for many years to come 🙂
Hi @dgilbert2
Nice one for posting this. 🆙
We're looking into it.
FYI if you hadn't spotted it yet, I've split your idea into two threads. One thread for the Windows Phone idea, and one for the web page idea. Because it's two different things.:)
Badge +2
As the owner of a Nokia Lumia 640 running Windows Phone I have to say that now Microsoft has given up on taking this platform further PP would be much better served in focussing only on iOS and Android.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hear hear Lenny 👍👍👍👍👍👍
Userlevel 6
Marc;16030:
Hi @dgilbert2
Nice one for posting this. 🆙
We're looking into it.
FYI if you hadn't spotted it yet, I've split your idea into two threads. One thread for the Windows Phone idea, and one for the web page idea. Because it's two different things.:)

Got it, thanks @Marc
Lenny;16371:
As the owner of a Nokia Lumia 640 running Windows Phone I have to say that now Microsoft has given up on taking this platform further PP would be much better served in focussing only on iOS and Android.

That's what we're thinking @Lenny

Sorry @Gil ...... Please don't be angry :mad:
It's a good idea, but only about 1% (apparently) of UK smartphone users have a Windows Phone.
We really need to focus on iOS and Android 'cos that's where our Members are.
And who knows where people will move to next. Will it even be a mobile platform? Our next product could be something for a smart home device like the Echo... 😕
Interesting times
Userlevel 6
Hi @Marc, no fuss from my side, perfectly understand, its the other one I'm really interested in (Web Portal) 🆒.
@Bev, no comment from you allowed LOL 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
My lips are tightly sealed our Gil, bless ya 🤫🤐😂👍