WattBot should be available on web for users not logged in

• 14 January 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9722 replies
Idea Status: We're Looking Into It

No wattbot is available online if not logged in, this is a really big deal in my opinion
So here is what I suggest

wattbot should be available when not logged in with a bespoke interface with the following fields

Please log in if you have a PP account.
Or if you are unable to login or use your app, please continue here.

Name
email
mobile number (optional)
Is your query related to a PP account if Y what email does the account use if N next box
Please detail your query below we aim to reply within 2 working days.

hmmmm...could call it Wattbotol = wattbot off-line

now tell me why apart from my genius name above, this isn't a good idea, because as things stand it's a huge hole in support.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Its quite clear from many posts that leavers, landlords, strugglers with tech etc would benefit from this great proposal!
Clearly adds value.
If you consider Strutt's post to be a 'second.'

I 'third' this proposal.
Thanks @woz @Strutt G @Gwyndy
We're looking into this.
Account in web went live last summer (seems like an age ago now!) and we made a call not to have WattBot on web for logged out users for several reasons/questions.

Will it lead to a deluge of messages being sent to the team, which will impact service?
We wanted to make WattBot better by adding more single-task 'minibots' first.

Sounds like it's a good time to review this 👍
Hi @woz @Strutt G @Gwyndy

This is an interesting one!

What's being described in the idea isn't WattBot but more of a contact form, isn't it. And that means emails...... which from a service point of view isn't good.

If we are talking about a desktop WattBot which looks the same as logged in mobile WattBot, but isn't the same, then that's confusing. You'd expect one WattBot to be the same WattBot as the one in your phone, no?
And, as you guys know, WattBot is not live-chat. If you're logged in, on mobile, that make sense. (Not everyone likes it, but it makes sense and they can live with it). You send a message, then some time later there's a reply.
If you're on desktop, not logged in, wouldn't you except WattBot to be a live chat? No-one's going to be wanting to hang about as a guest on a desktop for a day, or two.

See what I mean?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Marc;48333:
Hi @woz @Strutt G @Gwyndy

This is an interesting one!

What's being described in the idea isn't WattBot but more of a contact form, isn't it. And that means emails...... which from a service point of view isn't good.

If we are talking about a desktop WattBot which looks the same as logged in mobile WattBot, but isn't the same, then that's confusing. You'd expect one WattBot to be the same WattBot as the one in your phone, no?
And, as you guys know, WattBot is not live-chat. If you're logged in, on mobile, that make sense. (Not everyone likes it, but it makes sense and they can live with it). You send a message, then some time later there's a reply.
If you're on desktop, not logged in, wouldn't you except WattBot to be a live chat? No-one's going to be wanting to hang about as a guest on a desktop for a day, or two.

See what I mean?

not really, did you read my initial post? you can call it fredbot if it solves the gaping hole.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Most likely I can't see the wood for the trees, but if both APP and online accounts remain open for several months to year after some one leaves, does this not mitigate most cases, with the community in support. But theres the landlords scenario...
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Perhaps I haven't understood?..I'll let you know the next time someone online without app asks how they contact PP staff post-account or pre-account when there is no obvious or easy means of doing so.

Strutt G;48335:
Most likely I can't see the wood for the trees, but if both APP and online accounts remain open for several months to year after some one leaves, does this not mitigate most cases, with the community in support. But theres the landlords scenario...