Implemented

Update website to include og sharing images, especially on key pages

• 24 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Idea Status: Working On It

Currently when sharing a PP page on social media, or even say iMessage, there is no image preview shown. #ugly

Add <meta property="og:image" content="full-path-to-appropriate_image.jpg"> to the head of as many pages as you can be bothered. It’s better if you don’t just add a generic one to every page, but that would be better than nothing.

🤓

6 replies

Hi @25 quid
Yes this is, indeed, ugly.
It's something which comes as standard in the community platform we're moving to (more detail on that to follow v v soon!).
But I have a feeling we could also add it here sooner.
​​​​​​​Checking it out 👍
Don’t forget this applies to your homepage too. Sooner makes sense...
Marc;50390:
Hi @25 quid
It's something which comes as standard in the community platform we're moving to (more detail on that to follow v v soon!).
Hi @25 quid
To confirm that this will happen as part of our migration to the new community platform, which has preview images when sharing a link via social media or messaging apps.
We can't get it sorted sooner as we're now in a code freeze.
Hi @Marc, understood. But just to labour the point above, your main website could benefit from this too. Or have you frozen that?
25 quid;51389:
Hi @Marc, understood. But just to labour the point above, your main website could benefit from this too. Or have you frozen that?

Hey @25 quid
Sorry for late reply on this one. I'm passing this on to the marketing guys (who look after the main PP website). I'm sure they'll want to sort this too 👍

Nice idea @25 quid and thanks for being patient!

We now have social sharing images :ok_hand:

I think web guys still have it on their to do list