Under consideration

Transparency on how "Your 12 month spending projection" is calculated

• 15 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 10987 replies
I would like to see the detail about how the figures in the "Your 12 month spending projection" on the statement are arrived at.
There are lots of good reasons for this, not the least that I believe the community may be able to suggest some improvements on how it's calculated (and maybe the need for any disclaimers) because as it stands I think there are instances where the algorithm breaks.

I'm not suggesting this explanation should appear on the statement, but it seems a logical place for it in the small print at the end.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Im not sure there is any calculation involved. But as it worked out for me. Once i had been with PP for 12 months then its became very accurate as its based on my actual usage from last rolling 12 months. Before that it seemed to be based on some random figure supllied by previous supplier to PP/regulator, the figure used was completely wrong as somebody at sse decided that figure cant be right and simply made one up.

to clarify i have a 6 digit 3 phase meter and sse changed it to a random 5 figure as domestic meters are only 5 figures.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi jon1
I agree it does become reasonably accurate after 12 mo. It's the previous where it seems to break.
Jon1;46557:
Im not sure there is any calculation involved. But as it worked out for me. Once i had been with PP for 12 months then its became very accurate as its based on my actual usage from last rolling 12 months. Before that it seemed to be based on some random figure supllied by previous supplier to PP/regulator, the figure used was completely wrong as somebody at sse decided that figure cant be right and simply made one up.

to clarify i have a 6 digit 3 phase meter and sse changed it to a random 5 figure as domestic meters are only 5 figures.