Implemented

Text alerts.

• 20 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Idea Status: Implemented

In certain circumstances you could send a text alert but only for percific reasons. No response possible so that it does not become another form of contact,reasons to get a text could be:-

No meter readings given for 8 weeks.
Unread message in wattbot after 48hrs.
Payment not received.
And other reasons i cant think of yet.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
good reasons, add to that we think you have built up a credit/debit of £££ would you like to review your DD, you can do so by going to....blahblah and if you do nothing we will review it in a months time,
or we think your DD isn't high enough to cover your energy costs and will be emailing you with a revised amount
or we will be refunding £££ to your account ending xxx as we think your credit is excessive.
(or perhaps "you owe us S**tloads pay up...)<--for anyone reading this in the future that was joke...
Jon1;11843:
Idea Status: New

In certain circumstances you could send a text alert but only for percific reasons. No response possible so that it does not become another form of contact,reasons to get a text could be:-

No meter readings given for 8 weeks.
Unread message in wattbot after 48hrs.
Payment not received.
And other reasons i cant think of yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
But I think they should be able to reply, in case their reasons for not submitting readings, for eg, is because they are offline. Texting may be the only way they have of communicating this back to PP to let them know why emails been ignored.
Hi All,

Great reasons, thank you. I think we'll wait (hopefully not too long) until we have app notifications. We'll come back to you all then to have a think about what does or doesn't need a notification. What you've come up with so far seems sensible and in line with what we were thinking 🙂