Working on it

TARIFF SWITCH - slight wording change 🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9885 replies

Vaguely recall possibly mentioning this some time back, but can’t find anything now, hence starting a new thread, as not sure if I just “thought” it 🤣. 

But basically, I just wanted to propose the idea of a slight word change. When I go into the main menu, and open “Tariffs and Usage”, think that’s what it’s called, it gives you the option to “Change Tariff”. 

Now, I’ve been a member for over three years, but no lie, when I very very occasionally go here to view other PP tariffs, I’m still to this day, reluctant to click, in case it starts the ball rolling of switching my tariff! The way it’s worded implies you’re ready to switch, rather than just wanting to browse the options. 

I was thinking, maybe it could change to something like “VIEW Tariffs” or “OTHER Tariff options” 🤷‍♀️. That way, it indicates you’re not committing to anything, you simply want to look at your options. 

Secondly, but all combined still, when it lists the tariffs, it includes your own, current tariff and gives option to select this, as if it’s a new tariff. It would read better if it simply listed the (in my case) ONE other option, ie fixed rate tariff, and didn’t also show me the variable, as Im already on that anyway. 

When I came back to the homepage, happy that I am definitely on the correct tariff for my needs, I then see this little thingamebob hovering over me moonies 🙀🤣🤣🤣🤣

Could be better positioned🤷‍♀️ 

But IMO I don’t think its really necessary at all 🤷‍♀️as it might scare newbies into thinking, by simply browsing, , they've instigated potentially switching. 

Only simple things,  but thought worth raising on this Sunday afternoon 👍🙃

30 replies

Beverley, it’s using your Sunday name too! 😉 

Why don’t I get a thingymebob?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just the special few, our Notes 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣with long names 🙃 

Badge +2

Good point Beverley 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Wondering if I can order a thingymebob on Amazon?? 🤔

Badge +2

If its similar to a watchymecallit then I've already got one 🤣  .. and all I can say is that they're better than a thingymejig 

I'll go away now 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣, you’re wasted on here Jo 👏👏👏🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙃

Thanks @Bev erley 

(Is that the word we use when you’re in trouble?) :laughing:

Interesting idea this. I’d be keen to know if others agree that ‘Change tariff’ is too committed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah it takes me back to childhood, Marc 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Interesting idea this. I’d be keen to know if others agree that ‘Change tariff’ is too committed.

Some User Interface guidelines (from for example, a fruit based company) recommend an ellipsis when there will be further questions before the action happens… rather than just a yup, done, too late!

Compare “Save As…” with “Save”

Could be too subtle, but might reassure some…

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, when you click on “Change Tariff”, it does of course only show you the options, and won’t automatically change you over, BUT by saying “Change Tariff”, I personally see the wording as meaning you definitely are about to switch if you click on it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Marc Simply adding a question mark might help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah that might work our Wozeeta 👍🤷‍♀️👏👏👏👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes @Bev I feel the same and have been too scared to click that button in case it changes my tariff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks Scuba 👍. We now know it won’t, but we’re both long members, so it’s highly likely newbies would definitely think that way too. 

Hi @Bev, thank you for sharing this idea :grinning:  

This is what the team have come up with…

change OR compare!

Hopefully the addition of comparing tariffs will reassure Members, while keeping it clear that you can click that button to change tariff, too? :slight_smile:

I don’t have an exact date for when this will be appearing in app stores near you, but I’ll keep you updated! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah looks fine Nat, but is that on the screen as soon as you open the Tariff Usage moonie thingy? 🤷‍♀️Great if so 👍👏. Thank you Nat

Yeah looks fine Nat, but is that on the screen as soon as you open the Tariff Usage moonie thingy? 🤷‍♀️Great if so 👍👏. Thank you Nat

Yes, it’ll be under ‘Tariff & usage”, directly replacing the current ‘change tariff’ button :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Perfect, thank you Nat 👍👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interesting. For the first time in absolute ages, I looked beyond just the PP tariff options, and used the wotsit thingy, price comparison website. Not the meerkat one tho, another. Usually, when do it, although not in ages, PP always comes out cheapest. 

However, today, 24 😳cheaper providers! I was most surprised by the results. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interesting. For the first time in absolute ages, I looked beyond just the PP tariff options, and used the wotsit thingy, price comparison website. Not the meerkat one tho, another. Usually, when do it, although not in ages, PP always comes out cheapest. 

However, today, 24 😳cheaper providers! I was most surprised by the results. 

My considerations: - 

So I’ve updated my usage.

I’ve reserved the current fix offer with PP that is more expensive than current variable.

My Current Fix + increase usage = current actuals £919.67 increase of 86.17 or 10.34% based on lock down, colder periods v last year.

Current Variable rate with current actuals applied £1,085.04  So would be approx 18% more currently without comparing previous tariffs - sorry @woz I’m being lazy...so last Junes fix paid off based on quote and increase in usage so all good.         

Reserved Fix based current actuals £1,152.37 - inc 25.30% v June 2020 fix with updated current actuals

Having checked about then currently I see what you see @Bev, and my buts are…..

None are offering the full green and some have some questionable customer service with some that had questionable now shown as improving.

Most are variable rates, best saving currently...£145.00 - how long will that last - unrated customer service

Best Fix comparison saving £108.00 - unrated customer service, but no exit fee! Green Elec.

Once upon a time may I may of considered moving, but for £108 its only a benefit to move If I did not like the company or service. Both work for me. I don’t expect PP to be, or want them to be, the cheapest at all times for obvious reasons. Pre PP I chose new suppliers with success, but as the margins for profit became less... my last experience with Economy Energy was very stressful dealing with a shoddy outfit out of control, which is no reflection on their ex employees.

So saving £108 to move, not being provided with 100% G&E, the resource of this community, PP’s ethos and fair transparency, some wee points options etc and interesting topics. Bloody good laughs along the way, then Its a no brainer I’m not moving and might even get a bamboo T shirt. 

I’ve so missed this bamboo t-shirt thread… Not desperate enough to use the PP search yet though!! #tinhelmet

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Couldn’t agree more our Strutty, and no way was I considering moving either, was deffo curious tho after not checking for soooo long, and was quite amazed to see so many cheaper.

Like you tho, I realised none were very green, lot were unknown or poor customer service, and none would have the fab fun community we have here. I’ve said it before, that goes a long long way. That instant welcoming feel you get, or got, when first joined, and continue to get. Never have I had that from a fuel provider, hence often switching. To hardly compare nowadays, and even when I DO find 24 cheaper, to STILL want to stay, says an awful lot for PP 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏

Shirley you can switch and stay in the community??? 😈

#bestofbothworlds 👋🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah but I truly like the whole feel of PP, not just the community, but that’s a fantastic great start if ever need help or something sorting. I don’t think I’d get that elsewhere, hence it not being about the cost per month now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Shirley you can switch and stay in the community??? 😈

#bestofbothworlds 👋🏻

Ha ha having your cake and eating it..

Well I’d be a liar if it hadn’t crossed my mind, but he ho it makes a change to show loyalty? It wouldn’t  feel right in the universe...

No loyalty towards financial institutions etc, although I kept one of those BS pass books for old times sake with a quid init, and its online which is reassuring.

All those auto switches are causing a rip!

So many peeps want to be led by the hand.