Implemented

Suggest existing threads to avoid multiple posts about same subjects

• 25 September 2019
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Idea Status: Implemented

We often see in the community that some posters often start a new thread instead of adding to their existing one on the same subject, which of course causes frustration and multiple answers. It could be that the poster either doesn't know how to find previous threads, or can't be bothered looking. Is it possible that when starting a new thread that the poster is given the options of " do you want to add to your previous thread on ?????", or " start a new thread "

11 replies

Great minds and all that @Duppy
Now live in the smart meters section - suggested posts and FAQs when creating a new post.
Just sent you a message about it too 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I have just tried the suggested posts idea in this section, and have hit a few problems as you will see from the following pictures

This is the start of the session.

After tapping the post title box, the keyboard comes up and covers bottom half of screen

You then gave to scroll up to show the content etc box, this hides the title box, plus the suggested posts

If you scroll up again it does display the suggestions but you wouldn't normally do this
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
That didn't quite upload as I wanted, but you get the idea.
The content box automatically rises to fill remaining space after keyboard activated, hiding anything above it
Thanks @Duppy
That's super useful. πŸ†™πŸ†™πŸ†™
Morning @Duppy
Our tech team have updated this for Android phones.
Do you mind checking to see if it's now better for you? πŸ†™
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;39381:
Morning @Duppy
Our tech team have updated this for Android phones.
Do you mind checking to see if it's now better for you? πŸ†™

Hi Marc
It appears to be the same, you can scroll so that the title box and text box are visible, but when you click the text box, it rises to fill space above keyboard. The suggestions are there as before if you scroll down.
It could be my phone, as my page does not have the name emoji, only 3 bars, that's both portrait and landscape. The subject of a post long ago.
Hi @Duppy
Sorry I should have mentioned that you'll need to clear the 'cache' in Chrome first.
This is done via Chrome settings > history > clear browsing data
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Marc;39402:
Hi @Duppy
Sorry I should have mentioned that you'll need to clear the 'cache' in Chrome first.
This is done via Chrome settings > history > clear browsing data

That's done the trick, now shows suggestions, and need to scroll to text box.
Fantastic!
Thanks @Duppy you've been a massive help.
Nice one :foldedhands::D
Hey @Duppy
This is now live across all sections of the community.
​​​​​​​Brilliant idea! 😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘