Working on it

Statement Downloads - add years to file names

• 4 January 2021
  • 6 replies

I’m just preparing my invoices and other information for the accountant in order to complete my latest tax return.

I think the trouble free way in which to download is great; statements are easily recognised and download straight to pdf with a file name that is recognisable and useable.

Only one thing I would add to that file name, is the year at the end, i.e. 2019, 2020 etc. as tax returns default from April to April quite often. 

Otherwise, incredibly user friendly!

Thanks,

Mark.

6 replies

Thanks for posting this @Mark1ne 

Looks like a pretty sensible thing for us to do!

Thanks for the feedback too :slight_smile:

Quick update that our tech guys are looking into this.

:thumbsup:

If you’re going to do this, you could go for a format with the year before the month to help sorting.

i.e. Pure Planet Statement 2020 26 December.

If you wanna go all the way Pure Planet Statement 2020/12/26 (December) would tick all the boxes and still be fairly human friendly. But you would have to use 2 digit months or it would fall apart with February appearing after November.

Warning, warning, rabbit hole approaching. Back away now! Do not fall into the rabbit hole, it’d be a whole load of hurt! 😉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Marc This has already been discussed and requested at great length (and seemingly ignored?) 

I can’t find the post …yet...

but  suggested yyyy_mm_dd_PPfilename/number as the format so no rabbits..

late edit I think there is more than one post but here’s one

Oh yes, I remember those @woz...

Hey everyone, 

Just another update to let you know this is being worked on by our Tech team - they’ve located the year info (in some technical backend area of mystery to me...) so the next step is getting that info displayed in the file names:thumbsup: