Under consideration

Reply to customer enquires inside Wattbot to avoid email non-delivery

• 28 February 2021
  • 10 replies

I think PP should send replies inside Wattbot to avoid this problem.

If the app could show a notification when a new message is received, just imagine the improvement in customer experience. None of this mess.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid yes and notifications have been suggested many times…

It’s already been mentioned that the email system takes a lower priority (cf wattbot), again it’s down to customer expectations, if PP allow a customer to communicate by email it seems reasonable for the customer to assume the system is fit for purpose. 

PP have been hoisted by their own policies here, they were forced into using email when the intention was that wattbot was primary because there was / is no easy means to contact them online (not in app but online) when the customer or would be customer doesn’t have an account. Unfortunately this has an impact on how the community is used (slightly but not wholly tangential)

I think the email should still be sent as well.

And so it goes...

I feel an enquiry via Wattbot should be answered via Wattbot. A copy/notification via email can be sent if the customer prefers that. However an entry in Wattbot (even without a notification), would mitigate the angst of email non-delivery.

Enquiries originating via email are a different issue. These can be trickier to handle effectively depending on the integration of back-office systems.

I’ve had the pleasure of designing customer contact systems in the past. It’s such fun. Scream if ya wanna go faster!

🎢

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@25 quid I thought your idea was that queries by email should also be answered in wattbot, I think I may have misunderstood?

Aha @woz , nope, but I see it could be read like that.

In summary: I asked in Wattbot, so answer in Wattbot

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Aha @woz , nope, but I see it could be read like that.

In summary: I asked in Wattbot, so answer in Wattbot

@25 quid 

With the current absence of a notification an email prompt is a must “You have a reply to your query….” I’m uneasy about adding or having a link (puroportedly to wattbot) as it could feed scammers, but in general “please log into your account and go to help&support to see the reply”.   ?

Or have I still missed the point?

Maybe. Certainly going multiple stages deeper...

Not withstanding email response tangents, if I ask a question of the Wattbot, document the response in the same place so that there is a paper-trail of the reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Maybe. Certainly going multiple stages deeper...

Not withstanding email response tangents, if I ask a question of the Wattbot, document the response in the same place so that there is a paper-trail of the reply.

ahhh...I see what you mean and yes of course that makes sense,  I thought that was the case? So someone sends a wattbot and the conversation is carried over to email without a response in wattbot.

I would argue that I wouldn’t start from here, each customer should be allocated their own portal, (be it wattbot or your personal message portal or whatever it is) where all acc. related comms relevant to that customer (aside from advertising and reading reminders), are documented.

You simply can’t expect customers to hop around from one place to another to try to follow issues.

Yes indeed! Do this and Wattbot takes a step closer to being that portal.

Cheers for posting this one @25 quid 

So - WB replies if instigated in WB. Emails if instigated in email.

Makes sense to me. 

Seems very sensible @Marc !