Working on it

Quick link to return to โ€œWhilst you were awayโ€ please

• 3 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 5883 replies

Really loving the WYWA under the main menu ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. It totally replaces the old school pinkies and works well ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. As soon as you come into the community, you can go straight there for a list of threads that you havenโ€™t yet viewed, click on โ€œ3 newโ€ for example next to the thread, and it takes you to the three new posts within that thread. Great ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘. All good so far.

HOWEVER, once you e read those three new posts in that thread, and you might reply even, you then need to go back to WYWA to see the other threads with new posts. Yes, you can click on the back arrow, BUT that takes you back thru all stages of the three posts youโ€™ve just read, or replied to, obviously.ย 

SO, the only way I can see to do it currently, is scrolling back to the top, hitting on MENU again, then hitting WYWA again. Not a problem when just three or four new threads to read, but if there were more, if youโ€™d been away a while, itโ€™d be good to have a quick link, as think this current way could become tedious.ย 

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

4 replies

Is this sorted @Bevย ?

Think it got raised on this post.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes that link works perfectly Marc, but not sure how Iโ€™d regularly access that link each time Iโ€™d viewed a post ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿง๐Ÿคจ

Save it as a favourite or bookmark?

@Bevย you could hold the back button and choose to go back 3 steps in one, er, stepโ€ฆย ๐Ÿค“

Me, I just swipe from the left three times! Itโ€™s like clicking your heels you know! ๐Ÿ‘žย 

I am struggling to feel at home in the WYWA screen. It was nice previously in latest.php โ€” you could see an excerpt of theย actual new post words. Good for a quick browse, click if youโ€™re tempted. Now, itโ€™s a click and hope itโ€™ll beย interesting ๐Ÿค”ย