Implemented

New Members Competition - J&S Process - FaQs - How To's

• 25 February 2019
  • 41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Idea Status: Implemented

Perhaps 20 questions to encourage new joiners.
Must answer some basic process questions by resourcing available info.
Only advise option once the joining process has commenced.
Must be completed with in the first week or so of joining.

Receive voucher or a membership credit reduction for getting all questions right or a sliding scale reward from 85%.

Probbally idea is a bit labour intensive and no doubt discussed before.

41 replies

Hi @Strutt G
I really like this.
We won't tie it with actually joining PP as it might put some people off.
But I'm thinking it could be a fun quiz for the community. It could be a bit 'educational't too, and we could include questions about renewables.
For example, we do get some questions from Members along the lines of 'If I'm with PP on renewable energy, why does the rate change with the cost of gas goes up?'.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Marc,

Your feed back makes perfect sense!
A broader approach including renewables is a great idea, great question considering the difference between fossil fuel natural gas v renewables.
Ha ha you've got US at it...I need to swot up incase this goes live..
Hi @Strutt G
What sort of questions do you think we should have in the quiz for new Members?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ah..so I've got put more thought into this then..oh dear and serves me right...
I'll endeavour to come up with something and Y'all can add and refine!

Thanks Marc you've made my weekend
Strutt G;27157:

Thanks Marc you've made my weekend

😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yo ho ha..

​not too appy my Mac Pro's started beach balling.
Have to revert to pen and paper and feel exposed without access to a spread sheet. I'm mad as hell...but I've just gotta take it! Until I see the Man that can.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi G (I'm uncomfortable calling you Strutt or G or StruttG or Strutt G, we need @Bev to come up with a moniker for you!)

Have you tried THIS

​If you can't access the link post back and I'll screenshot it for you
Strutt G;27179:
Yo ho ha..

.​not too appy my Mac Pro's started beach balling.
Have to revert to pen and paper and feel exposed without access to a spread sheet. I'm mad as hell...but I've just gotta take it! Until I see the Man that can.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
😂😂😂😂😂I like “Strutt” Wozeeta, as I’m sure our Strutt does, but you could try Struttegic maybe 🤭or Struttegy 🙃, or perhaps Strutty? But plain ole Strutt is just fine 👍👍😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
😂🤣😂 Awaiting your comments on the name Strutt G 🤣😂🤣😂 What would YOU like?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thanks Woz got access through my iPad. I removed a virus checker last night and the Mac was good to go and was writing this message on the Mac and has just spun out again..so now on the iPad.

Hey Woz whats wrong with it, ...Bev Strutty did make me laugh and thanks to Scubaseahorse for keeping this all the way live. Ah that's another fine mess I've got myself into.

The name was used with the G in for a club membership back in the day when DJ Pete Tong was unheard of. And the name was from a tune..
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Haven't forgot, got my laptop back today and will commence shortly compiling....with its many faults
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Questions
1. True or False: Pure Planet provides its customers with 100% renewable electricity and 100% carbon offset gas. Our renewable electricity is from the sun, wind and water, and it's cheaper than power that pollutes. All our gas is carbon offset at no additional cost.

2. Name all 5 Links at the top of the community home page?

3. True or False: Pure Planet set up the community (as an open forum) for customer members to assist, be assisted by utilising the tools and available source of information which assists customers in self-servicing their accounts.

4. True or False: The community is supported by Pure Planets community management Monday-Friday

5. True or False: The community can be resourced 24/7 answering majority of questions with the resource of tools available. Solutions are created by crowd sourcing feedback as in customer members offering a wide source of knowledge and enthusiasm. We believe this approach enhances our mission towards a transparent honest and efficient style of communication.

6. True or False: Pure Planet acknowledges and gathers its customers feedback via the community. Then implements the best ideas into a process that can enhance our business and customer experience.

7. Name at least 5 APP functions?

8. What are the 2 available sources for checking your monthly usage?

9. True or False: PP Prompts you for a meter read 3 days in advance of your monthly anniversary (monthly statement) date as a reminder in case you forget

10. True or False: If you provide your meter reads on your anniversary date your bill will not be estimated.

11. True or False: A bill that is estimated by a few days only equates to a few pence.

12. True or False: You can frequently send meter reads within the APP by allowing 24hours to pass before submitting again.

13. True or False: The direct debit was set up to be paid in advance because Pure Planet purchases clean energy at cost price, with no mark up. What PP pays the customer pays.
Pure Planets Direct Debit is based on projected pre advised consumption usage

14. True or False: Your annual Direct debit is split by the seasonal colder months from October to March and equates to 60% of your annual projected cost. The remaining 40% of annual projected cost is applied to the seasonal warmer months from April to September. Pure Planet reviews accounts and may adjust to keep costs on track.

15. True or False? The Membership Fee (standing charge) covers the cost of Pure Planets infrastructure for operating its entire business including future planning, staffing and a reasonable profit to trade-on and develop.

16. If the community cannot answer your question, what is Pure Planets APP based communication tool?

17. True or False:
WattBot has been programmed to respond to a series of customer questions that are instantly answered by a robot.
WattBot can be resourced to get a (human response) Pure Planet team members reply, but you first need to type “Message the Team”.

18. True or False: Pure Planet was set up without a call centre to save on the energy draining and operational costs so that Pure Planets customer can benefit from these efficiencies.

19. True or False: Pure Planet only provides one variable tariff with no exit fee. You're always on our best rate, which means it can go down as well as up. Pure Planet Members are helping move Britain towards a sustainable future.

20. True or False: Pure Planet Energy is the first APP based clean renewable energy brand supported by artificial intelligence technology.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Wowsa Strutt 🙀🙀🙀. You've sure put some hard effort into that. 👏👏👏👏👏👏Well done lad!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ah thanks Bev, its a bit narrow on a spectrum of topics as I did not want to be controversial.
Most of it has been said or available.
Anyway its there now to be poked, to reject, to add, to tweak and to add some fun as in the benefits of taking part.
Hi @Strutt G
This is fantastic! Top stuff. :D
I'm thinking it would also be good to get a couple of Qs in there about smart meters, as these are going to crop up a lot in the coming months (or years!).
We're also looking into a way of presenting this quiz so that new Members can see the right and wrong answers at the end, or as they go. Without using a standard thread/posts format.
There's a few options out there, like Playbuzz. We could create the quiz there and see if it can be embedded into a community page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
haha, hi SG or GS
nothing wrong with it I just hate having to make the space decision after the Strutt for the G and "Strut alone sounds a bit formal.
Sorry for the late reply, missed the post...
Did you try the resets as suggested?
Does it have a solid state hard drive?
Strutt G;27215:
Thanks Woz got access through my iPad. I removed a virus checker last night and the Mac was good to go and was writing this message on the Mac and has just spun out again..so now on the iPad.

Hey Woz whats wrong with it, ...Bev Strutty did make me laugh and thanks to Scubaseahorse for keeping this all the way live. Ah that's another fine mess I've got myself into.

The name was used with the G in for a club membership back in the day when DJ Pete Tong was unheard of. And the name was from a tune..
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hey Woz, Its a 2011 early mac pro which has had its ram doubled up and an SDR.
Turned out to be (again) the Cable of wires that goes to the SDR.
Had one replaced 14 months ago when it went spun out then.
The geeks I use are great and the dude replaced it for nothing even though its over a year...they said they have about 3 suppliers to get this product from but they think these suppliers resourced the same cable producer.
It works like a dream even though Apple class the machine as Antique, but they would.

Never formal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4GzetzGg4U
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I must be blind Woz, I've just noticed the resetting link you originally sent so thanks.. and so sorry for not acknowledging!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
That's quite OK!
I just looked that up, apparently some can be fixed by laying thin plastic tape between the cable and the chassis, which prevents the cable being abraded.
Thanks for the music link...
Strutt G;28310:
I must be blind Woz, I've just noticed the resetting link you originally sent so thanks.. and so sorry for not acknowledging!
Hi @Strutt G
Quick update on progress for you and others too!
We're now working on this. What we're looking at doing is using a tool already designed for this called Playbuzz and embedding it into the community.
This should be much easier than trying to build quiz functionality ourselves! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
?
sorry @Strutt G
Trying to get the quiz working 😂
​Bear with me (grrrrrrr)
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Yo easy now
Let's try that again.... :foldedhands:

3728f7f9-9b43-4caf-b243-e9e52e45b298
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Its working on my mac pro, but on the iPad 9 the optional answers are greyed out so answering is inoperative