Under consideration

Multiple queries/conversations in Wattbot

• 17 September 2019
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Today I just discovered (only by asking in the community) that I can't ask Wattbot any questions right now, as a previous chat with the team was never closed. It would be useful to have multiple queries/chats open; at the least to be able to ask Wattbot a generic question whilst a conversation with the team is ongoing (as the latter can take several days).

And date/time stamp all messages! (already raised in another Ideas conversation)

Scott

19 replies

Thanks for posting this idea @schase
I'm not sure (off the top of my head) whether this is possible, really hard or easy.
But we're looking into it :)
Looping in @Al O aka the 'bot daddy' here at PP HQ.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
schase;37735:
Idea Status: We're Looking Into It

Today I just discovered (only by asking in the community) that I can't ask Wattbot any questions right now, as a previous chat with the team was never closed. It would be useful to have multiple queries/chats open; at the least to be able to ask Wattbot a generic question whilst a conversation with the team is ongoing (as the latter can take several days).

And date/time stamp all messages! (already raised in another Ideas conversation)

Scott

I know where you're coming from in this, I've had an open Wattbot conversation open for over a month now, due to my smart meter and statements issues. I did however ask an unrelated question, which was answered fairly quickly. But you can't ask the bot anything as all queries go to the team
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
How about allocating a person-meaningful reference to every reply, the reference to change if it's a different query?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
This has been mentioned before, it needs fixing.
I submitted a message to wattbot, the message remains open, (never mind the fact that I haven't had a response yet) and wattbot cannot now provide bot replies. You really really really need to fix this.

So here is my idea, while a query is open you need to send an auto reply acknowledgment by email with a reference number and the message that you will reply in wattbot, with that reference number (and no reply to the email possible) and 30 mins after the question is sent wattbot needs to reset to allow further queries to be sent either to the team or for a bot reply as appropriate.
This solves 4 issues, timestamping wattbot queries, referencing wattbot queries, allowing wattbot to do what it's designed for, and making customers happier.

As the bishop said to the actress ...It shouldn't be this hard.
Morning @woz
I've merged your new WattBot idea/post into this one, as it's about the same thing - how we handle multiple queries via WattBot, as currently he/she can only deal with one conversation at a time.
This is great stuff, really useful ideas. Thank you 🆙
schase;37735:
Idea Status: We're Looking Into It

Scott

Hi @schase
Just to let you know that our tech team has started work on the date and timestamp for WattBot messages.
😀
Hope to have some designs to share soon.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Marc;53486:
Hi @schase
Just to let you know that our tech team has started work on the date and timestamp for WattBot messages.
😀
Hope to have some designs to share soon.

Your timing couldn't be better: I was planning on posting something here, after today's dialogue with the team in WattBot, where it became quite evident how essential this has become.

I've now resorted to checking the date of every photo I've attached to any message I've sent to the team, and as of today am including a date in every message I send. My alternative date stamp is to email Help (which I've done in the past when I've had replies to formal complaints).
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
and to re-re-reiterate DATE TIME STAMP
This is the most basic of essential features,it's hard to believe that the designers decided it wasn't necessary, (even harder to believe that it was never considered).
Can you imagine an email system without it?
Wattbot is the primary means of communication with PP, how can it possibly fulfill that rôle without time stamping?
(This message was posted on 8/5/2020 at 12:44 and subsequently edited at 12:46)
Most businesses have a ticket system. Take a number...
Time for killerwattbot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
You are number 402 in the queue, please stand at least a quarter of a mile away and wait...for your number to come up...
25 quid;53572:
Most businesses have a ticket system. Take a number...
Time for killerwattbot.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I would ask that--until the time stamp is implemented--that Team members put the date (possibly time as well) in their messages. I've just looked at Wattbot, and a message came in that I had not seen (I don't think I had received an SMS for this). No idea whether the message was sent this morning or on Friday.

(My current dialog with the Team is regarding continual issues with my IHD ☹️ )
Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m going to reiterate this problem of inability to have a dialogue with WattBot whilst a conversation with the Help Team is still open. One problem is staff often neglect to close a conversation.

The latest for me is wanting to put in a query for a Warm Home Discount and unable to, as there’s a conversation from two weeks ago still open.

A poor communications platform that really needs to be rebuilt from scratch to allow multiple concurrent conversations, time stamps, and Team member IDs; text formatting would be nice as well. I might just resort to email, where at least I get a better response.

Additional thought to add to all of this, if it’s not already been mentioned.

Ability to receive an email copy of the entire conversation when you have finished it - at least that way you have a ‘hard copy’ you can check through to make sure everything has actually been covered.

Time to get the insided widget and link to your Zendesk system maybe?

Being tested this week - date/time stamps in WattBot :slight_smile:

WattBot testing

Userlevel 3

Timestamps definitely.. I found myself having to take notes as to when I’d received certain things so I knew when to start nudging for a response.

Great! Fab! Do you need the “delivered” and “received” words? Less is more. The context (positioning) makes it unambiguous.

Great! Fab! Do you need the “delivered” and “received” words? Less is more. The context (positioning) makes it unambiguous.

Interesting idea @25 quid - we often find having the confirmation wording there helps reassure Members that their message has sent (like a tick on Whatsapp for example), and that without it they worry the message hasn’t gone through successfully, especially as it isn’t a live chat service. 

It’s probably one of those things that's a bit like marmite - some people like it and some people don’t! 

Makes sense @Nataly.

Got me thinking again, Is Received the right word? I haven’t seen the reply until I look. Is the timestamp Sent, Reply or Replied? Shudder.

I withdraw my thought. It’s great how you plan!