Implemented

Much more prominence when signing up to explain that PP does not have call centres.

• 20 September 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 10969 replies
Idea Status: Implemented

Self explanatory, it's not prominent enough.
I understand that you don't want to put people off joining but that has to be balanced against complaints.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I have to say, I honestly knew immediately that PP was app based only. I wasn’t even looking specifically for such a provider, but found the message very very clear.

However , I do fully appreciate that so many DO miss the whole thing, and purely see pound signs, then wonder why there’s no call centre or human to help, once they’ve signed. Seems to be on the increase tbh.

So, as far as your suggestion goes Woz, I suppose it’s a good one, but only because people aren’t doing their research before signing up.
Userlevel 4
Hi @Bev @woz

It's a great idea - we're so close to these things that it's sometimes hard to see how people might miss it. But for those who aren't as excited about energy as us (!) it needs to be more obvious!

We're currently developing a major website refresh which will make it much more obvious, and I'm going to tweak the app join journey a little to make sure it's clear there too.

We're always working with the price comparison sites to improve that journey, as that's where the most confusion arises. It's a new concept in the energy industry so it's understandable.

Anywhere else you think the message could go?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
How about on the main webpage as a positive reason for joining...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
No lie, on my life, I was gonna suggest the main web page 🙀🙀🙀👍👍👍. Great minds and all that 😂😂😂
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
You can take a horse to water and all that..
There will always be people that don't read but as I've said many times before in replies to the community posts; there is very rarely a time that you need to contact a Supplier and have a response immediately.

This sort of information is already there in the knowledge hub but perhaps that is what needs to be more prominent in the Community pages "Got a question? Make sure you check THIS first" sort of thing? People find it so much easier to keyboard warrior than read something but if you shove it in their face (and then berate them afterwards for not using the search function - joke!) then it may reduce the duplicate queries.
Good shout @MrSmart on the knowledge hub needing to be more prominent
There's loads of useful info there. We've got plans to improve it soon (once the homepage refresh is out the way)

I'm also thinking on the homepage that under 'Ask the Community' it would be useful to break out some different sub-sections of threads grouped by topic, such as:
- Joining
- Moving home
- Smart meters
- Billing
So that the threads are easier to follow if someone is looking for the answer to their specific question.
Make sense? Good idea?!
We've added more info in the app, and website, for new joiners that PP doesn't have a call centre.
Also we've got this same info next to our price comparison site listings.

That doesn't mean 100% of new Members will know this. Some simply don't read this, or choose not to, when they switch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks...you're correct, but at least we can point to it. (that was mildly ironic)

Marc;20899:
We've added more info in the app, and website, for new joiners that PP doesn't have a call centre.
Also we've got this same info next to our price comparison site listings.

That doesn't mean 100% of new Members will know this. Some simply don't read this, or choose not to, when they switch.
woz;20928:

Loving your work @woz 😮