Working on it

Members who leave should retain limited app functionality for 4 months and option to rejoin

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9241 replies

Members who leave should retain limited app functionality for 4 months, including being able to see the account balance and contacting PP through wattbot.
There should be a new section for rejoining at a new address, at which point the app would then reset to day one scenario with the countdown etc.
The reasons are obvious, customers who go elsewhere still want to finalise, they should not be forced into the community in order to communicate, and those who want to rejoin have an easier journey.
As a benefit it would also allow PP to communicate with the customer.
Of course if they choose to delete the app that's their choice.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Makes absolute sense woz
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Have to say, hats off to First Utility for that same issue, as their app allowed me access for a good while after my account with them was closed. I had no problems, and their refund was swift, but had I encountered any, I always had the facility there to access my account, with a message on it saying I’d now left etc, but still had access of the basic essentials πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
That's right Bev I was with FU and could access there online account for over a year.
Recieved good service, just became not so competitive..so I got suckered in by EE, now they were a laugh.
Hi @woz @Bev @Strutt G
This has been on our 'to-do' list for a bit.
What we're doing is first building the functionality to manage multiple accounts.
Why?!
A lot of people who switch away from PP actually switch back quite soon. Using the same techie gubbins as Members who own multiple properties being able to manage them in one account, under one dashboard, this will allow people who've switched away and back to see their old and new accounts.
Also using the same functionality we have a lot of Members who've got multiple properties who like to switch some of them around, but not all, and not all at the same time. Again, this'll make it easier for them.

For the short term though, we're going to look into putting accounts into some kind of 'holding' state so people who switch away can at least see old meter readings etc.
Hi @woz @Bev @Strutt G
Some exciting news. Our tech team are now working on this! :)

I wondered if you'd be up for helping out with some feedback we'd like to hear, around what you think Members who've switched away would still want access to.
We're thinking: Readings history, statement history, help, transaction history.

Anything else?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I think what you've listed Marc (for me) is spot on.
Statements re Billing history - because for all sorts of reasons customers may loose or do not retain soft copies
Transaction history because customer may change bank accounts and can double check against statements - ditto
Metre reading history to double check against statements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nJMgexFopg

Regards Y'all - Later..
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Yeah I think that covers all, Marc πŸ‘πŸ‘

​OMG the Strutty is back πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ™€πŸ‘πŸ‘, soooooooo pleased to see you our Strutt! πŸ‘πŸ™ƒπŸ‘πŸ˜‰
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
That covers it all.(I think.....)
The most important thing is to keep channels of communication open, perhaps wattbot could be AI'd to send old statements if asked;
​... and of course closing meter readings and the final final statement - a comment about that-anything other than the final statement should be clearly marked as an interim statement, there have been a few cases where people think they've had a final statement only to find it isn't (If I've understood the posts correctly?)
Perhaps after say 3 months, WattBot could send a 'reminder' message saying something like, 'this app will no longer available to you after .... Please ensure you have download, screenshot, any information you may wish to keep for the future' etc?
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi @Marc, whats the latest on this re short term etc...
Think we would all agree that at the very least wattBot should be available after you've left and maybe up to a year.
A few may consider returning if they had not had to use the community for the first time to get indirect support, if that makes sense.
Strutt G;47592:
Hi @Marc, whats the latest on this re short term etc...
Think we would all agree that at the very least wattBot should be available after you've left and maybe up to a year.
A few may consider returning if they had not had to use the community for the first time to get indirect support, if that makes sense.

Hey @Strutt G
It's still being worked on. I don't yet have an ETA. As soon as there is one, the community will be the very first to know of course!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
This is a big deal for customers...I don't know which bits work and which don't when someone switches out and the post I responded to was this:
hi just left pure planet and need copy,s of my bills but you have closed my account even before I have had my final bill

To repeat my previous, the account should continue to function for months when someone leaves (apart from some sections which should be locked)
Can you tell us what works and what doesn't (the abscence of wattbot online if that's the case when a/c closed is unforgivable)?
Can customers look at or download legacy statements?
Can they look at their history?
etc.
Posts like that shouldn't be appearing in the community, but if it's all fixed and working ignore this.
​​​​​​​I know I keep banging on about this, but every poor experience is another nail for PP. (I have good intentions here)
Hi @woz
Thanks for the bump.
Our tech team's still working on this.
Currently, once someone has switched away they're not able to get any info from their old PP account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I want you to know this is becoming a really big deal for me, (sorry if that sounds harsh but I can't dress it up any other way)
I've just replied to a post from someone who had a debt recovery letter but could not figure out how to pay!

I note the one-off payment route advice has now changed in the faq, and to get to one-off you now have to use wattbot.
What happened to the previous email route, if it's still there you need to make it known that it's available. (this is all related to limited functionality after leaving and inability to pursue out of app.)
The customer didn't know how to pay, and has to jump through hoops to pay. This is unacceptable and potentially very stressful for customers who get such a letter.
Again, sorry if that sounds harsh, but I'd be pretty upset if that was me.
He should never have had to post in the community to follow up the payment.
​​​​​​​Ready to be shot down in flames...post in anger repent at leisure?
woz;48911:
I want you to know this is becoming a really big deal for me, (sorry if that sounds harsh but I can't dress it up any other way)
I've just replied to a post from someone who had a debt recovery letter but could not figure out how to pay!

Occasionally it gets to the stage where we have to pass on debts to external agencies who chase debts on behalf of companies for a living. Not very nice but if someone (for example) hasn't paid their DD for months, then switches away and doesn't pay their final bill or respond to our emails, we don't have much choice.
At that stage they pay the debt recovery agency, not us. And the details on how to pay are very clear!!

I note the one-off payment route advice has now changed in the faq, and to get to one-off you now have to use wattbot.

Yes, there's a minibot which will take all the info. If for any reason there's a query, they'll get a call as a last resort. This avoids the back and forth via emails.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Marc
yes, I supposed that was the case and I understand, but my point was and still is (and perhaps it's just down to the individual in the case I exampled) was that it should never have progressed to the stage where the customer had to (or felt they had to) post in the community because it wasn't clear how they could pay. Something has (seemingly) gone wrong with the process if it got to that stage.
​​​​​​​Perhaps it was just panic?
Marc;48953:
Occasionally it gets to the stage where we have to pass on debts to external agencies who chase debts on behalf of companies for a living. Not very nice but if someone (for example) hasn't paid their DD for months, then switches away and doesn't pay their final bill or respond to our emails, we don't have much choice.
At that stage they pay the debt recovery agency, not us. And the details on how to pay are very clear!!

Yes, there's a minibot which will take all the info. If for any reason there's a query, they'll get a call as a last resort. This avoids the back and forth via emails.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Have you fixed this yet. It's a really big issue for those who are not using the app and have left.
I'd go as far as to say it should be very near, if not top of your to-do list.
How are online customers who have closing account queries supposed to communicate with the team?
(or maybe I've missed something? If so apologies for this post)

If I'm correct and it's not fixed it is a huge gaping hole...and it will come back to bite you in reviews because those who have left and have queries are very likely to leave bad feedback if their experience is sullied by lack of ability or having to jump hurdles to communicate.

You may not realise this but it also makes answering posts from leavers very difficult, it puts your loyal community members on the spot because it's an indefensible position.

I know it's been discussed previously, but I really don't think it has the gravitas it should have. (or find a different solution for onliners who don't have the app)
Hey @woz,

I couldn't agree more.....PP need to consider the "whole" experience of being a PP customer.....which should also include those customers who choose to switch away to other suppliers.
PP "appear" to be more concerned with recruiting new customers, than considering the "total" experience.
​​​​​​​Come on PP....woz is correct, this should be right at the top of your "to do" list.
woz;51058:
Have you fixed this yet. It's a really big issue for those who are not using the app and have left.
I'd go as far as to say it should be very near, if not top of your to-do list.
How are online customers who have closing account queries supposed to communicate with the team?
(or maybe I've missed something? If so apologies for this post)

If I'm correct and it's not fixed it is a huge gaping hole...and it will come back to bite you in reviews because those who have left and have queries are very likely to leave bad feedback if their experience is sullied by lack of ability or having to jump hurdles to communicate.

You may not realise this but it also makes answering posts from leavers very difficult, it puts your loyal community members on the spot because it's an indefensible position.

I know it's been discussed previously, but I really don't think it has the gravitas it should have. (or find a different solution for onliners who don't have the app)

Hi @woz
I've merged this into the existing idea as it's still being worked on.
We're not ignoring it.
I do appreciate that you're coming at this from the right perspective, and we know it does anger people who've switched away but need to check something in their old PP account.
I'm flagging this with our tech team, to see if they can at least come up with something for the short term. Even just a page in their app which explains that they can still use WattBot to message the team their query, plus a link to our FAQs or similar.
That's not the solution of course - that's very much still in the larger piece of work where there multiple user 'profiles' with different types of accounts access. This is so we can also offer people the ability to manage multiple properties in one app. Or the scenario whereby two people (a couple, or flatmates, or someone looking after an account for their parents, etc) can both access one PP account, with one being the main account holder and the other a guest.
So there's a lot of different 'types' of users - all this ultimately makes it complex.

Anyway, that aside, yep it's frustrating that it's not been delievered yet. Just wanted you to know it's still a high priority.

Hi everyone,Β 

We’re really excited to share the work that’s been going on behind the scenes to implement this idea - for being able to see monthly statements, meter readings, and have access to WattBot on web accounts as well as our app, after switching away or moving outΒ :grin:.

ThanksΒ @wozΒ @Strutt GΒ @BevΒ @GwyndyΒ for your feedback on this idea, and thank you for your patience! We know it’s something that’s been on the cards for a little while nowΒ :pray:

Here are some sneak peak designs of how this’ll look…

example account after switching away
example account after moving out
warning screen if you start a new switch

For now, once the Member starts a new switch for their new property/ if they decide to switch back to PP in future,Β they’ll lose access to the previous property’s information - so we’ve included the warning page above, so Members can prepare for any info they’d like to save.Β 

We’re really excited to introduce this functionality next monthΒ :relaxed:. Thanks again for your feedback around this!Β 

Sounds and looks good. Shame, for now, you can’t have the old statements dovetailing with future ones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MarcΒ The warningΒ needs to be sent by email too…

This may be pushing things too far but how about PP (pkz) archiving the statements and giving the customer a link in the message to download the zip file?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Really like this πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is really good news.

If you have to leave PPΒ due to moving property etc etc then this is a positive step for all concerned and changes the emotion.

:heart_eyes:

Β 

Thanks for the feedback everyone!Β :grinning:

@MarcΒ The warningΒ needs to be sent by email too…

Good point! We’re going to includeΒ a warning about losing account access after starting a new switch in: - our β€˜move out confirmed’ email, - our β€˜switch away confirmed’ email.Β :thumbsup:

This may be pushing things too far but how about PP (pkz) archiving the statements and giving the customer a link in the message to download the zip file?

Which message would you like to see this included in? The warning message?Β