Under consideration

making meter reading input quicker

• 23 November 2020
  • 11 replies

wouldn’t it be a good idea to put a meter read button on the front page of the app rather than the fiddle of going to the menu?

11 replies

Hey, @KFCEA,

Welcome. Good idea. However, it appears when a reading is due:

Welcome to the community @KFCEA 

Do you mean to have a permanent send a meter reading button? Not just when one’s due, as @25 quid has pointed out. 

Nice one for jumping in and getting involved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It always was permanent tho wasn’t it? 🤷‍♀️. GIving you the chance to submit as and when desired. Now only there when it’s due. That silly old boiler advert a waste of a ball our Marc 👎👎👎👎👎

It always was permanent tho wasn’t it? 🤷‍♀️. GIving you the chance to submit as and when desired. 

That’s right @Bev we used to always have a ‘send a meter reading’ button.

You may remember that having this created a lot of confusion (and lots of posts in the community!) from Members who’d just sent a meter reading, who thought they were being asked to send another one. “Why am I being asked to send a meter reading when I’ve jsut sent one”. Remember?!

People. Can’t please them, and you can’t please them… 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Given that it’s only a finger press away anyway AND you get a reminder (if dumb), I think the present balance is as good as it gets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yeah it’s fine Marc, either way. I do now remember indeed all the confusion 👍. Think the boiler ball may be bit redundant to a lot tho, might be wrong 🤷‍♀️

Think the boiler ball may be bit redundant to a lot tho, might be wrong 🤷‍♀️

Yes, that’s probably v true! We’re trying to balance the good user experience with tempting you with other commercial offers. We need to make some money after all! 

Boiler button could change to EV charger offer button, for example. And I’m sure further down the line we’d make this a bit smarter (so if you’ve already got an EV, say, then we wouldn’t show a button offering a chance to try one! More like a button offering some kind of public EV chargers membership).

Hey all just to say that I’ve passed this over to our tech/product people for consideration.

The intent behind the idea posted here is 100% spot on IMO, to make it easier/faster for someone to send a meter reading anytime, but I reckon the guys will worry we may see a return to the earlier scenario when people who’d just sent a reading saw the prominent ‘Send a reading’ button as a instruction to send another. And they did not like that! 

We’re trying to balance the good user experience with tempting you with other commercial offers. We need to make some money after all! 

Are you telling me Pure Planet’s not a ‘voluntary organisation’?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:  

...but I reckon the guys will worry we may see a return to the earlier scenario when people who’d just sent a reading saw the prominent ‘Send a reading’ button as a instruction to send another. And they did not like that! 

I love making operational compromises! You know you’re going to upset some people, but hopefully less than 50% of them. 😊