We're looking into it

make Latest Posts show the latest post

At the moment the list shows the initial unchanging post from the thread containing each latest post. it'd be nice to see the actual new post like we used to See in the old forum. 

19 replies

At the moment the list shows the initial unchanging post from the thread containing each latest post. it'd be nice to see the actual new post like we used to See in the old forum. 

I wanted to ‘like’ this, but I don't seem to have the option, so:

I second this suggestion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I  agree @25 quid - there's also no way to see likes.

@Gwyndy - I couldn't like this post either???? WHY???

Hmm, strange that likes are not showing for you.

Maybe (though I’m not postive, so will investigate) it’s because the ideas board has upvoting. So you can give that a vote and that’s the equivalent of liking it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Marc I've voted instead,  thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

When you click on latest posts it doesn’t do what it says on the tin unless the post is the first post in a thread..

If the post was added to an existing thread you don’t get to see the latest post, you get to see the original post (thread) title, not the latest post

Is this fixable/changeable?

...as ever opinions may differ...but I’d like to see the actual content (or some of it) of latest posts when I click latest posts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Don’t you simply click on the “3 New” or whatever, Wozeeta, which will take you to latest post?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Don’t you simply click on the “3 New” or whatever, Wozeeta, which will take you to latest post?

hi @Bev do you mean this? (for example)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @woz

If your not seeing the X" new replies, I was having the same problem, Marc helped me out.

Hi
I think I can see why you're not seeing the 'x new replies'. You have to switch this on in your profile settings.
Tap on your avatar > choose profile settings > choose settings > scroll down to 'Show number of new posts and replies on homepage' and toggle this to 'Yes' then scroll to the end and choose 'Save changes'.

Then go to homepage and you'll see new stuff in brackets

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I must have done that setting on autopilot Duppy, I was assuming everyone saw it,  deffo makes life a lot easier 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I must have done that setting on autopilot Duppy, I was assuming everyone saw it,  deffo makes life a lot easier 👍👍👍

yeah, mine did it automatically too. 

Been there. 
done that.

https://community.purepla.net/ideas-board-25/make-latest-posts-show-the-latest-post-10451

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Been there. 
done that.

https://community.purepla.net/ideas-board-25/make-latest-posts-show-the-latest-post-10451

Apologies @25 quid missed that, yes that’s the issue, I can see the new replies bubble but @Duppy and @Bev  I can see no option to change that in my settings? Not that it helps the issue anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I go to WYWA, our Woz

then click on the red “3 new” etc

Hi all

Just to say I’ve moved two threads about this into one. (Nearly managed to delete everything but got there in the end!)

Hi all.

I’ve raised this idea - make the latest posts views show the actual latest posts - with tech.

An aside, we could amend it to say ‘recently updated’ or similar. But I don’t like that wording very much. Also it’s not 100% correct either, as new topics also appear in this feed.

The rabbit hole develops. That’s why development is fun! #nerdtastic

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What options should I have in my profile settings?

Currently my only options are as below, is anything missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Everything’s there our Wozeeta, you’re not missing out. Just sort yourself an avatar please, and a wee signature 👍👏😂

He’s @woz white; the nemesis of Donald Duck Trump.