Under consideration

Make "Ask Wattbot" more prominent with a button?

• 4 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Idea Status: We're Looking Into It

Hi there ideas gang,

I don't know about you, but to me it looks like new customers don't bother looking for the help section but click on the community button and post away their question. I've just done 3 more copy 'n' paste "go to ask wattbot" replies.

So my idea is, is there any chance of adding a button that links to ask wattbot on the home screen? This button could maybe be called contact PP or send PP a message or got a question for PP?

Is this possible? what do others think?

Don't think this has come up before as I did search and could not find any suggestions. If it has already been suggested the delete this thread.

X Driver

P.S. Just had the thumbs up from one of the 3 so maybe I'm right.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Good point. Not everyone in the community is a PP member.
X Driver;36847:
Hi there ideas gang,

I don't know about you, but to me it looks like new customers don't bother looking for the help section but click on the community button and post away their question. I've just done 3 more copy 'n' paste "go to ask wattbot" replies.

So my idea is, is there any chance of adding a button that links to ask wattbot on the home screen? This button could maybe be called contact PP or send PP a message or got a question for PP?

Is this possible? what do others think?

Don't think this has come up before as I did search and could not find any suggestions. If it has already been suggested the delete this thread.

X Driver

P.S. Just had the thumbs up from one of the 3 so maybe I'm right.
woz;36872:
Good point. Not everyone in the community is a PP member.

Even those that are PP customers end up posting account questions on the community. As we don't have access to their account information we can make suggestions but also say "message the team".

One other thing I've noticed is that those that ask questions don't often post responses to the advice so you have no way to know if they have read the response. As a result I always quote the original message as they should then get the "FOR INFO - You've been quoted at Pure Planet Community" email.

One final thought (at least for now) if the Wattbot button idea is a non-starter could we then flag the message with the !, mention in our reply that the message has been flagged for Marc or Nataly who could then acknowledge the concern in the thread, say they've passed it on to the team and that should close the thread so others don't then try and answer the question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi x
Not sure if you’ve read something in my reply that wasn’t intended, not decrying your idea at all, but I think it needs expansion. I don’t have enough time atm to write the essay that’s required here (apologies).
I do however disagree that the/a thread should be closed, as far as i’m concerned that’s a complete non starter.
X Driver;36888:
Even those that are PP customers end up posting account questions on the community. As we don't have access to their account information we can make suggestions but also say "message the team".

One other thing I've noticed is that those that ask questions don't often post responses to the advice so you have no way to know if they have read the response. As a result I always quote the original message as they should then get the "FOR INFO - You've been quoted at Pure Planet Community" email.

One final thought (at least for now) if the Wattbot button idea is a non-starter could we then flag the message with the !, mention in our reply that the message has been flagged for Marc or Nataly who could then acknowledge the concern in the thread, say they've passed it on to the team and that should close the thread so others don't then try and answer the question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
This is not to be read as a rant but I would not blame admin for removing it...so here goes
1. The search facility is worse than useless, it's worse because it just generates frustration when there is a simple answer, seen it, tried it...been there got the t-shirt. Fortunately googles crawlers do reach the community.
2. Don't underestimate the power of a human response in the community even if the member ends up having to go to wattbot to get something resolved, so what if I've answered it 100 times, the poster doesn't know that. (But yes it would be great if they found the answer straight away.) People are time poor/impatient/frustrated (particularly the latter see below)
3. Different members have diferent styles of answering posts, and different answers, hence why a post should never be closed unless it's a serious ongoing complaint or in danger of becoming one because of the responses (rare but I've seen it)
4. Communication is the achilles heel here, all is not well despite our attempts. (I will eventually expand this) The problem is very much bigger than anything a wattbot button is going to solve (although that's not a reason for not having one). I just think the solution needs to be bigger and more sophisticated.
5. run out of time...to be continued.
Hi @X Driver
Nice one for posting this. 🆙
It's an interesting idea, so we're looking into it.

We're a little bit worried that it'll simply increase contact with our team, before a member has even looked around the app and/or the community.
See what I mean?