Link from community to main website please

• 28 September 2019
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9703 replies

Idea Status: Implemented

Any possibility of making the planet top left on the community pages link to the main website purepla.net please. It makes even more sense now that you can run your account online.
Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
The ability to switch from app to website is fairly common place, but is it teally needed, is the functionality any differant? I dont know as ive never tried it.
I would like to have a link direct to wattbot from the community.
Hey @woz @Jon1
This one is now on the roadmap.
We're moving to the new community platform soon and this is a default feature. We could remove it if we wanted! But I think it could be useful - we'll add a tracking link so we can see how many people use it.
Hi @woz
A quick update.
You may have spotted from the recent screengrabs of mock-ups I shared the other day that the new platform has this.
It's not top-left, it's top-right, and clearly states it's a link to the PP website.
The top-left remains a link to the homepage.
So we get the best of both worlds!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
The two pure planets at the top are (i.m.o.) not a good idea, confusing and inconsistent.
As I originally said (a long time ago but good grief, well done for finding the post!!) the pp logo should take you to the main PP website, there can then be a home button of necessary to take you to community home page if you aren't there already.
I think it's the worst of one world...not the best of both.
Marc;52403:
Hi @woz
A quick update.
You may have spotted from the recent screengrabs of mock-ups I shared the other day that the new platform has this.
It's not top-left, it's top-right, and clearly states it's a link to the PP website.
The top-left remains a link to the homepage.
So we get the best of both worlds!
Hey @woz
We need to give members a way to get the community homepage - that's what the top-left corner is for (same as now).
What we're getting is an extra link to the website.
It's a default of the new platform and it means members can have both.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
yes I understand, it is however confusing, so maybe it needs different wording, perhaps the link should say purepla.net
Marc;52448:
Hey @woz
We need to give members a way to get the community homepage - that's what the top-left corner is for (same as now).
What we're getting is an extra link to the website.
It's a default of the new platform and it means members can have both.
woz;52450:
perhaps the link should say purepla.net

Good shout @woz
Yes, agree that could make it clearer.
​​​​​​​Like so:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
yes perhaps with a capital P and losing the word website (it's so 1990's)
Marc;52452:
Good shout @woz
Yes, agree that could make it clearer.
​​​​​​​Like so:

woz;52453:
it's so 1990's)

​​​​​​​😂

All sorted with this idea @woz 

Our new community has a link to the main PP website :ballot_box_with_check:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

thanks @Marc great! but not quite sorted yet, it needs a mouseover box adding to the link

8/10 and half a housepoint...