Not for us

Leavers board?

• 22 December 2019
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Idea Status: We're Looking Into It

We have a 'Welcome to the Community' board and 'New to Pure Planet' board, each with sub-forums.
What we don't have is a sub-forum for leavers.
I know we don't want people to leave PP, but when they do it might be an idea to have common problems, and solutions, visible in one place.
Just a thought.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Good idea πŸ‘
Thanks for posting this @Oakbank
I'm really not sure.
You've said it yourself:
I know we don't want people to leave PP

So having it's own section for it feels a bit like we'd be promoting it.

β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ€·
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Marc;46010:
Thanks for posting this @Oakbank
I'm really not sure.
You've said it yourself:

So having it's own section for it feels a bit like we'd be promoting it.

β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ€·

I don't see it like that Marc. Look at it from the savvy consumer's point of view; one who reads the likes of Which or Moneyextra.com. There you are advised to shop around, and switch everything from mobile phone contracts, broadband supplier and, of course, energy companies. Those companies who make it difficult (real or perceived) come under a lot of flak.
Personally I like contracts that are easy to get into and easy to get out of with no penalties. I know I've not tried to leave PP, and have no intention of doing so, but reading the boards gives the impression some are having problems. Mind you, it's also patently obvious the majority of people with problems haven't read the FAQs πŸ™„
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
PP provides us with so much information, and on a DAIIY basis that we see on the various posts.

If it was my company I would not consider having a leavers section providing a mixture of historical reasons offering a mixed bag of validity. As we know bad news travels quicker and best not dredged up.
At the end of the day it's a business.
Hey Oakbank,

I completely agree with you on this point
Clarity and Transparency, is never a bad thing.
​​​​​​​Also agree with your perception that a high percentage of people with problems don't utilise the FAQ's.... So a section dedicated to "Leavers" could ba a great idea.
β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ‘
Good luck choosing @Marc, but I think you're already decided...
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I think it's a terrible idea for multiple reasons - sorry.
Some things are just better forgotten...
However...I do have an associated suggestion which may be interesting...
When someone leaves they could be given the opportunity of ticking a do you wish to leave the community tickbox, if you select this you will no longer be able to log into the community but any existing posts will remain. Your account will be frozen and you will no longer be able to log in.
Then the username could get a little "no longer a community member" badge.
Thoughts anyone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Might be easier todo nothing if someone goes because at some point they may return.
No one needs to be any the wiser and it would be easier for a returner?
PP has a system where points disapate over time if your inactive, but if you've contributed I guess your badges remain.
Its all about percentages and I'm not sure how many community members are that active.
Best to remain warm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Strutty
My suggestion was an option should leavers actively wish to dissociate from the community. They don't have to and it need not encourage, in fact it could persuade them that it would be nice if they stayed...

Strutt G;46109:
Might be easier todo nothing if someone goes because at some point they may return.
No one needs to be any the wiser and it would be easier for a returner?
PP has a system where points disapate over time if your inactive, but if you've contributed I guess your badges remain.
Its all about percentages and I'm not sure how many community members are that active.
Best to remain warm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
A ok Woz, I get your point....sorry.

Marc what happens now if a members asks to leave or be deactivated from the community?
Hi @Strutt G and @woz

Good morning!
Right now if someone leaves PP their community account is still active. We want to keep it that way because the community is available to all, not just PP members on supply.
Also, people often switch back to us, and some actually do still take part in the community even if they're not being supplied by us anymore.

We've never been asked to delete anyone's community account because someone's switch supplier.
It has come up where a handful of people have asked us to delete their profile under GDPR. Which we do by anonymising their profile. Their old posts remain active, for the simple reason that threads would make less sense if there were posts missing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thanks @Marc and a very good morning to you and Y'all.
​​​​​​​