Implemented

Lack of transparency for deemed customers- does this need to be fixed? (I think so)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 10970 replies
Idea Status: Implemented

It's become clear through questions and angry reactions in posts to the community that deemed customers don't feel they have a clear route to either communicate or pay their bills.
I've not seen a deemed bill so I can't comment explicitly on the details but something needs to change....(in my opinion)

I understand why you have decided on the route you have, but from a customer perspective it's very poor, it looks as though you're trying to prevent deemed customers leaving.
So as a starter, I suggest the following information should be added to deemed bills as a list on the end:
1. Clarity that they have the choice of switching to another provider.
2. Explanation that customer has option of joining, but it isn't mandatory, and that it's by app only, and if they choose that route they will be able to set up a DD to pay. Web address for PP and how to find app for ios or android
and
3.An email address with a reference number to be quoted (the email address for one-off payments) reference specific to that bill. Customer will then get bank details by email. Readings queries can also be sent by this route.
4. A link to the community, with an explanation that if they are unhappy there is help to be had.
3. A postal address with a reference if someone wishes to pay by cheque.
To have even one customer posting that they can't pay their bill and that they are angry is one too many. If it's true that a bill drops through the door and the customer feels that they not have an easy and obvious route to pay it, no wonder some are angry...
Open to discussion as usual...

11 replies

Badge +2
Hello @woz,

Your point is well made and we spent some time discussing this matter with the 3 co-founders during a visit by 4 members to Pure Planet last Wednesday. I believe they realise they need to improve here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi @woz,
I agree , but I do believe PP are taking this type of comment on board and are working to fix it. As @Lenny said, we discussed it last week and they want to do everything they can to alleviate these frustrations. The same questions are being asked time and time again as not everyone quite understands the PP way of doing things.
Hey guys

Two areas we're now working on to release in the next couple of months - people moving out, and people moving in.

First up is a moving out form in the app which of course was first suggested by @Jon1
After that we'll be introducing move in. This is going to go live at the same time as our web app, which will give 'deemed customers' who want to stay with PP a choice of whether to join in app or web, and how to pay if they don't.

I'll be able to share some mock-ups soon which will give a general idea! 🆙
Badge +2
Yes I think despite it being mentioned in several places, new/potential customers still seem to struggle with understanding it's app based. I think a web app would make it easy for people to get the info they require for their account, pay bills etc

Having a postal address is a good idea but certainly at work now, we are phasing out payment by cheque. I think this fits with PP's ideals too - modern way of doing this (app/digital) and also less paper and resources sending bits of paper around the country!

It's vital the customer can get in touch as easy as possible for all enquiries but especially billing. On the other side, I wouldn't want to see PP go the call centre route (not that I think you would) but perhaps it should be called 'digital only' rather than 'app based'. That covers web and app and other digital communications
Jowl;27563:
I wouldn't want to see PP go the call centre route (not that I think you would) but perhaps it should be called 'digital only' rather than 'app based'. That covers web and app and other digital communications

Def no call centre @Jowl (well not unless we find a few million down the side of the sofa!)
We're having a think about the 'message' too of course. Digital only is about right 😮
Badge +2
Hello @Marc,

Reassuringly digital, perhaps?
Hmmmm wasn't that a Stella Artois ad @Lenny ??
Reassuringly Expensive 😛
Quick update.
As you all know, we're planning to launch our web 'portal' next week.
This means that as well as being able to manage your PP account in a web browser (as well as the app) anyone who moves into a new home already supplied by Pure Planet will be able to sign up on the web, too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
thanks marc
​Will you be updating the info on the bills sent to deemed customers?
Marc;31010:
Quick update.
As you all know, we're planning to launch our web 'portal' next week.
This means that as well as being able to manage your PP account in a web browser (as well as the app) anyone who moves into a new home already supplied by Pure Planet will be able to sign up on the web, too.
woz;31012:
thanks marc
​Will you be updating the info on the bills sent to deemed customers?

Hi @woz
Yes indeed. :)
As from next week it'll have the info:

There will still be some people who don't want a digital-only energy provider, but it does mean that they won't have to download an app if they don't want to.
Great news, we're now live with a new "move-in" section for deemed customers.
Details here
This is going to make life much, much easier for anyone who moves into a new home already on supply with PP. 😮