On hold

Just a thought about running multiple accounts..

• 8 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9734 replies
Idea status: On Hold

I know this has been discussed and maybe is in development, but I thought of perhaps a slightly different approach.
That is for the app to allow sub-apps from within the app, each of which could have a one-off verification to enable it, from the main email address and remembered by the device , and each sub-app would be for a different account. Effectively the app would switch between apps internally with no logout required. I think that approach solves both the security issues and the need to compartmentalise each account.
If the login approach via secure mail was tweaked slightly this could be made to work.(an extra token in the email?)
It was just a thought.. I first thought of running duplicate apps but that's not allowed.
Running concurrent apps on a device would be the easiest way, but then PP would have to offer them individually, so that would never work.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hmmmm.
I would be happy to log in with a pin number.
Each acct would have a seperate pin, so when i open app it asks for pin number and according to which one i enter determines which acct becomes visable. Would only work on registered devices in the same way my banking apps do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
OMG no lie Jon, no lie, was gonna suggest the PIN, as per the MY BT app, but at risk of sounding like a stuck record πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, I didn’t. But it’s soooooo the answer. Just four digit PIN for each account πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ‘
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
agreed, or or a password for each?
Pin for mother-in-law's account 6666
I deny posting that
Jon1;20871:
Hmmmm.
I would be happy to log in with a pin number.
Each acct would have a seperate pin, so when i open app it asks for pin number and according to which one i enter determines which acct becomes visable. Would only work on registered devices in the same way my banking apps do.
Hi @woz
This is definitely in our plans. But being an honest community manager (;)) this one needs to go to the 'On Hold' section for now.
Once the smart meters rollout is done it'll come back into focus and get prioritised.