Under consideration

Joining process should have facility to submit landline number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 11281 replies
Idea Status: We're Looking Into It

The joining process should have a separate facility (or subroutine) to submit a landline number especially now that there is web access (I appreciate the same was true when it was tablet but no web, it was half OK then, but I think no longer. )
​Thoughts?

13 replies

woz;35950:
The joining process should have a separate facility (or subroutine) to submit a landline number especially now that there is web access (I appreciate the same was true when it was tablet but no web, it was half OK then, but I think no longer. )
​Thoughts?

Land line numbers were so last century. 🤣

On a serious note you should be able to put either or both and indicate which is your preferred method of contact, obviously it is difficult to send texts to a land line though not impossible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Landline?! 😖😖😖😖🤬🤬🤬🤬, who DOESNT own a mobile today?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
that's really helpful...:p...
The question should be who prefers using their landline even though they may have a mobile.
Would you like a list? (mostly older people).
Bev;35992:
Landline?! ������������������������������������������������, who DOESNT own a mobile today?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I get where ya coming from our Wozeeta 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hey I’m turning into a night 🦉like you!
woz;35995:
that's really helpful...:p...
The question should be who prefers using their landline even though they may have a mobile.
Would you like a list? (mostly older people).

I often misplace my mobile but never misplace my landline.
My mobiles external speaker failed about 3 weeks ago and I didn't realise I'd miss 3 calls and 2 texts (one was from 1571).
What's the general feeling about this, folks? Is this urgent?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Nah 👎👎👎👎👎👎🤣
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
What's a landline? I believe my router has that facility, but I've nothing to plug into it
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
It's not urgent, (the issue is not easily solvable for messaging etc, but it's about the ability to use a landline number when joining if you don't have a mobile - it will affect very few but it's about equal opportunities for the demographic affected.
​Your call...

Marc;39062:
What's the general feeling about this, folks? Is this urgent?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Impressive, you have magic broadband, unless it's either using a Virgin cable landline, fibre to your property, a satellite link or mobile data.
Duppy;39084:
What's a landline? I believe my router has that facility, but I've nothing to plug into it
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
woz;39095:
Impressive, you have magic broadband, unless it's either using a Virgin cable landline, fibre to your property, a satellite link or mobile data.

Your correct Woz, it's a Virgin cable hub 3. The engineer put an adapter in the back, but I haven't used a landline for ages. I'm hearing impaired and my mobile does some trickery for hearing aid users
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'm sending you a DM...just writing it now...
Duppy;39097:
Your correct Woz, it's a Virgin cable hub 3. The engineer put an adapter in the back, but I haven't used a landline for ages. I'm hearing impaired and my mobile does some trickery for hearing aid users