We're looking into it

Improved energy graphs and usage comparison

• 10 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I really would like you to improve the usage graphics on your app so that I could see annual comparisons of usage say in the form of a bar chart by month this year compared to last year.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@David and Ruth Many have asked before, and I think  it could do with a nudge.

On the other hand it’s likely that no two will  agree on an actual implementation.

I  suggested something similar a very log time ago as have others. Even if they didn’t do this the implementation now isn’t very good (in my opinion). It’s like it is because it’s been dumbed down but I think this is an underestimation of what many more savvy customers really want.

I keep a spreadsheet.

@Nataly Should this be moved to the feedback section?

Hi @David and Ruth 

Thanks for posting this idea. Annual comparisons are def in the plans! :thumbsup:

As @woz has said, we’ve had a lot of feedback on this in our feedback section of the PP community. But I think it’s the first time it’s been posted in the ideas board, so it we can leave it here. That way other Members can see it’s being worked on, and we’ll post more regular updates as we get closer to getting something better/new.

Top of my wish list would be for the app to show my consumption in real time. Having daily readings data and graphs would be really useful to see my pattern of usage.

I appreciate that I will get this in due course on a month by month basis (I'm a relatively new customer) but daily figures would be good. 

The IHD is OK but not that convenient.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

One would think it must be possible to have an app, or a supplier’s app is modified, that picks up the readings from a smart meter but then does it not sent the readings out on the cellular network? However, even if it does the supplier ought to be able to configure its system to send the readings back over the internet for the user to read in his app, and to save in a log if he or she wishes. Something for PP to consider. Good idea. Much more useful than having a not very helpful display. Indeed, this approach would make it easier to log when the kettle is switched on or the tumbler drier.

I am not a programmer but as PP has the readings coming in all the time from smart meters , and has to record them for accounting purposes it surely is not too complex to set up the system so that a copy is relayed back to  the user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

One would think it must be possible to have an app, or a supplier’s app is modified, that picks up the readings from a smart meter but then does it not sent the readings out on the cellular network? However, even if it does the supplier ought to be able to configure its system to send the readings back over the internet for the user to read in his app, and to save in a log if he or she wishes. Something for PP to consider. Good idea. Much more useful than having a not very helpful display. Indeed, this approach would make it easier to log when the kettle is switched on or the tumbler drier.

I am not a programmer but as PP has the readings coming in all the time from smart meters , and has to record them for accounting purposes it surely is not too complex to set up the system so that a copy is relayed back to  the user.

Hi @G4RHL 

It's is possible and Octopus energy do just that, when I was trying convince my son to switch, I showed his the graph on the usage page, he just laughed and showed me his app, it shows minute by minute usuge if you set it up right. He has virtually everything connected via a smart hub, he switched on an appliance and almost immediately you could see a spike. It can be done

Top of my wish list would be for the app to show my consumption in real time. Having daily readings data and graphs would be really useful to see my pattern of usage.

I appreciate that I will get this in due course on a month by month basis (I'm a relatively new customer) but daily figures would be good. 

The IHD is OK but not that convenient.

Hey @DJGShef 

Nice one for this feedback. I’ve added it to an existing thread in our Ideas Board - just to avoid doubling up. :thumbsup: