Under consideration

Idea - A note on statements explaining why estimated readings may have been used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 10987 replies

It's frustrating how much angst the word estimate on statements appears to be causing, (when in reality in most cases we all know it doesn't matter a jot.)
However...
A simple note on the statement explaining why (which would probably be ignored), is maybe worth thinking about?

Example
If you see estimated readings on your statement this will be because we have had to estimate how much energy you have used from when we received your actual readings up until the statement date.
The nearer to the statement date we receive readings the more accurate any estimate will be.
These estimates will be replaced on the following statement by the next real readings we receive.

(@marc
In spite of now almost certain rejection I claim that this is idearish enough to qualify as an idea, but feel free to translate into marcish)

10 replies

Hahahaha translate into 'marcish' I like that @woz :o
Thanks for posting this
I have to be honest, I seriously wonder what some of the new members have been doing regarding their previous suppliers.
Between 2005 and 2013(ish) - I only had 'accurate' bills twice a year when the meter was read, the rest of the time 'estimates'.
Between 2013 and 2019 - I had 'accurate' bills if, and only if, I remembered to submit a reading online the day before the statement date.

I really cannot understand why some people cannot cope with an 'estimated bill.'
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Gwyndy;42607:

I really cannot understand why some people cannot cope with an 'estimated bill.'
​​​​​​​

I totally agree, I often wonder if the people complaining about the estimated readings actually check to see how close they are to the actual readings.
​​​​​​​Obviously if you haven't submitted readings for a while, they can become adrift, but if it's the few days between reminder and statements, the estimate is pretty close
Pretty close?
I was a day late submitting my October reading because Kate was in bed, so I couldn't get to the meter.
Look how far out it is, it's shocking:
​​​​​​​

One whole KwH, I demand an apology, where's my refund, mumble, grumble.

:D
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Ha ha you start the period with energy in hand - another excuse for PP to do the office conga again and its not even Friday.

​​​​​​​I set Marc and Nat a challenge by getting the entire PP office to do the conga and post the image as part of the community's Christmans Treat.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Strutt G;42687:

​​​​​​​I set Marc and Nat a challenge by getting the entire PP office to do the conga and post the image as part of the community's Christmans Treat.

​​​​​​​I want a video, a photo can be staged, not that I would accuse anyone of cheating.
Strutt G;42687:
Ha ha you start the period with energy in hand - another excuse for PP to do the office conga again and its not even Friday.

The Christmas party is coming up @Strutt G @Duppy so be careful what you wish for!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
What we gonna see WOZ leading...cant wait..all will be revealed
I'm really looking forward to this conga appearing on the facebook page, Marc did quite a good job hiding away on their profile photo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Gwyndy;43105:
I'm really looking forward to this conga appearing on the facebook page, Marc did quite a good job hiding away on their profile photo.

​​​​​​​Nooo, not Facebook, I don't have Facebook or Twitter