Implemented

Help new switchers who haven't completed - and let them have the expired MSE offer

• 16 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 10176 replies
I thought I'd posted this in the feedback section but I can't find it (perhaps it's my incompetence or a conspiracy..)

Quite a number of posts are from people who switched in with the now expired MSE offer, but who haven't for whatever reason managed to complete. (read on)

Two or three things need to happen here,

1. All those who get in touch should be told if they do complete their switches they will get the bonus/incentive/bribe*

2. I'm fairly sure that a number of switches have resulted in unhappy switchers who can't get into their accounts which were not set up properly, PP need to make a statement about this if it is the case.
There have been a few posts where panic has ensued
(I think it's a case of your panic doesn't constitute my crisis in some cases but the lack of explanation or response by the team, in some cases requiring a rapid check of whether the poster has actually switched doesn't look good. Given the planning that went into this deal and tariff I would have expected a higher level of support over the closing days, and not just by the community, but PP should have addressed the panic and switch querying posts more quickly IS MY OPINION ing now)

3. A statement to say that due to unprecedented interest and some switches not completing we are going to extend the MSE offer for 2 weeks (or whatever)

feel free to move this post to wherever you wish, I can't find the original which I thought was in feedback, but it (this post) is even more apposite given the subsequent posts from failed or unsure switchers.
*Disclaimer
This post is opinionated and may contain one word which may cause offence if not taken in the spirit it was intended (which is not malicious)

6 replies

I would like to add a few things to Woz's suggestion if I may.

1) Is there any chance that a breakdown of what new customers see when signing up, including screenshots, when those members choose not to use the App - could be put somewhere on Pure Planet?

I can't comment for anyone else, but I find extremely awkward to advise people what to try when I can't see what it is they are receiving, or in some cases, should be receiving - but aren't.

2) With regards to:

https://community.purepla.net/threads/10179-Verification-Email-Timed-Out?p=56255#post56255

Is this 'verification email' different to the 'normal log-in' email, and if so, by any chance if there's an 'easy re-set' option can we be told what it is?

Thank you, and apologies to Woz for 'piggy-backing' on his idea.

​​​​​​​Mark
Thanks for this @woz
This is a great idea.
(BTW I've slightly amended the title to spell the idea out a bit more, so it's clearer 👍
Is there any chance that a breakdown of what new customers see when signing up, including screenshots, when those members choose not to use the App - could be put somewhere on Pure Planet?

Pretty sure it's the same as the app. But we'll check this out @Gwyndy
Hi @woz and all!
Yes, we will indeed honour anyone who tried to switch from MSE or MSM but missed the deadline.
If they ask about it in the community, what they need to do is 'message the team' via WattBot and their switch+'reward' will be applied manually by one of the team.
Good shout @woz It's nice to help people out.

We may actually do another offer with MSM/MSE soon. That's not confirmed though.
@Gwyndy indeed the app and web account are the same.
This FAQ has some screenshots in it @Gwyndy
The web version is just bigger.

This is done.

All MSE switchers are havng their ‘reward’ honoured.