Implemented

Exiting Community in App loses previous Community navigation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9697 replies
Idea Status: On the Roadmap

If I exit the community in the app (no log out) and go back to it it always takes me back to the home page.
I think it would be more useful if it took me back to where I was last.
My thinking is it’s easy to navigate to home in one click, it’s much more work to get back to where you were.
As ever opinions may differ...
(This post was promoted by a fruitless visit to wattbot, more of which later)

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
One of my pet hates actually Wozeeta 👍👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Think woz you know code stuff...so what is or isn't possible.
I have never noticed, just tried it and assume that access via the APP moon or access inside the APP is just a mirrored process if that makes any sense. I not bothered either way.
Perhaps if you are new being takin back to the home page may be regarded as beneficial.
But as you say its a matter of opinion and I wonder how many others have noticed other than you and Bev
I'm segmenting an orange for WB in preparation!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
ooohhh I never thought of an orange, will that help? Perhaps the vitamin C will do it...
It's one of those things that will bother some people and others won't care, I can't really see a downside to it remembering where you are, after all if you've managed to navigate to a post or a section in the community you are almost certainly aware that there's a go back to square 1 button at the top.
Strutt G;27439:
Think woz you know code stuff...so what is or isn't possible.
I have never noticed, just tried it and assume that access via the APP moon or access inside the APP is just a mirrored process if that makes any sense. I not bothered either way.
Perhaps if you are new being takin back to the home page may be regarded as beneficial.
But as you say its a matter of opinion and I wonder how many others have noticed other than you and Bev
I'm segmenting an orange for WB in preparation!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I'll cease my junderating from a sendentary position the ayes have it, the ayes have it.
Hi @woz
Not 100% sure what you mean here.
If you tap on the word 'Done' that closes the community within the app.

What is it you're trying to do?
Close the community to put the kettle on and return to the page you were last looking at?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Marc
if I leave the community section of the app to look at some other part of the app I have to click on "Done" as you say.
Going back into the community takes me back to the community home page, not where I was before I clicked on Done.
The kettle doesn't go on in-between leaving the community part of the app and the app, it goes on before (or after...)
So yes, the page I was last looking at.
Marc;27470:
Hi @woz
Not 100% sure what you mean here.
If you tap on the word 'Done' that closes the community within the app.

What is it you're trying to do?
Close the community to put the kettle on and return to the page you were last looking at?
Thanks for the extra info @woz
Yes, I see what you're saying.
This would be really handy if, for example, someone was reading an FAQ on how to do something in the app (such as change their DD payment, or check their usage) and wanted to go back to the FAQ to double-check what they'd just read.
We're looking into this 🆙
Morning all!
Yes, it's Monday again.
Again?! Don't panic, we've seen this before. Lots.

Anyway! 😂 I've had too much coffee.....
A question about this idea. It's a great idea.
What do you think the timeout should be? How long should it remember your last place? Half an hour? One hour?
(To be clear, when the time expires, you're taken to the homepage)
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
15 minutes 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
A day?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Don’t be sooooo silly! A day?! Wozeeta! 🙀😂😂😂😂😂🙀
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I'm negotiating...15 mins is way too short.
:p
Bev;32899:
Don’t be sooooo silly! A day?! Wozeeta! ������������������������������������������
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hee, you decide our Wozeeta, maybe somewhere in between 👍😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Is there any reason it shouldn't reset until the app is closed?
woz;32936:
Is there any reason it shouldn't reset until the app is closed?

Looks like that's not doable @woz
It has to be a pre-determined set amount of time. Our tech team reckon 30 minutes sounds right.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
okey dokey that's an improvement on what it does so thank you!
@woz @Bev
30 minutes is the plan, then
Now over to the techies to schedule.....

@woz @Bev @Strutt G 

An update on this excellent idea.

The new community platform open in a new browser window  rather than as an in-app browser.

This means that you can keep your place in the community while also using the app or web account. This could be v useful when someone’s looking at an FAQ on how to do something, like send a reading, and doing the ‘thing’ at the same time!

Thanks guys, great stuff. :grinning: