On hold

Energy Usage Live tracking in App

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Idea Status: On Hold

This is possibly a long shot and perhaps someone has already come up with this idea at some point...

But it would be great if once smart meters are up and running we could track our energy usage live on the App (instead of having to stare at the smart meter).

Wouldn't it be nice? ☝️

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Great idea, already been mentioned but I think PP are also mandated to provide energy monitors.
Personally I'd like both.
Gabolino;27192:
This is possibly a long shot and perhaps someone has already come up with this idea at some point...

But it would be great if once smart meters are up and running we could track our energy usage live on the App (instead of having to stare at the smart meter).

Wouldn't it be nice? ☝️
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I've heard this will be possible once 5G is out, meaning connecting your smart meter to your phone.

Wonder if anyone is doing it already in the UK?
Good thinking @Gabolino
We're already thinking along these lines.
Would be good to hear more about what sort of info/data you'd like to see on your phone?
Badge +2
It's a no brainer, certainly once the Smart Meters are installed. I don't need a in home device (although it might be a nice visiual to re-enforce my education of the kids/wife !) but being able to check on the App (mobile and web) on how our energy usage is going is vital.

Perhaps add a monthly competition/points/badge for biggest energy savings over a month and a year? Could use that in a PP PR/Marketing event
Hi @Gabolino
Just a quick FYI that this idea is on hold for now, just until we're through our Smart meters pilot (inc adoption of SMETS1 onto SMETS2 network).
It's a great idea and we're really loving it! But we need to make sure all the basics are working properly, and in significant numbers.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
No problem, Marc. Thanks for the heads up.