Editing of signature and choosing whether it should be displayed when posting

• 1 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 11301 replies

Editing of signature and choosing whether it should be displayed when posting

2 ideas here (sorry for the layout please read)

1. It isn’t possible to choose whether to include signature on a per post basis. (I’d really like this)
  2. It isn’t possible to change the colour of the text in your signature, this is quite important you might want it to be faint or fainter than your posts.
  3. The colour of mine has carried over but it can’t be changed
  4. I didn’t want a point 3 or a point 4 here but it won’t allow me any other option, can this behaviour be overridden

8 replies

What do people think about having links in signatures?

Good? Bad? Ugly?! :fearful:

Risky if they’re external. Could be used for link building unless you (insidededed) nofollow them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No way to links, no way 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

Siggys should be just a short little message which becomes synonymous with you and your posts, kinda thing.

What I will add tho, now we’re here, is I did try a simple emoji at the end of mine, but it wouldn’t work at all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What would be the advantage(s) to PP of allowing links?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It’d get exploited in the wrong way IMO. Just my opinion. 

Depends on what limits you put around the links.

Saying members could put links to Pure Planet pages, for example the various FAQs, could be helpful, allowing external links is a recipe for disaster.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Exactly, as peeps will use it as chance to link to own websites or unsafe websites that could cause viruses, so be a bad move unless a PP link, yes.

Thanks for the feedback on this so far guys. Really useful.

ps  @25 quid I’m also checking out how we can stop signatures being repeated in every post in a thread. It might just be a simple on/off button somewhere which we’ve missed :laughing: