Dedicated thread for Smart Meter Technical Questions

• 22 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9760 replies
Idea Status: Implemented

Now that the roll-out is under way and the Leyton thread is shut, how about a dedicated thread for SM technical questions. I appreciate non-tech Q's may spill into it but that maybe a good thing...

6 replies

Hi @woz
Interesting idea.
How does this differ from our smart meters section in the community where people can ask questions (technical or not!) ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
It's more compartmentalised and aimed at technical questions. I take your point but when I open the link you pointed to I don't see an easy way to categorise a technical questions. What I see is a jumble of lots of different things.
I take your point, it might be a bit niche but it could also build up a repository of useful answers.
woz;27363:
it might be a bit niche but it could also build up a repository of useful answers.

Completely agree @woz
Actually I need to be honest here and admit that I misread your idea. 😞 For some reason I thought your suggestion was a for a dedicated section for technical questions about smart meters.
I think a thread is a great way to kick this off! And there's nothing stopping you (or any other Member) from creating this.
So, yes go for it. 🆙 And I'll pin your thread to the top of the smart meters section. Then if it gets lots of use and creates really helpful stuff we can turn into a section of its own.
I reckon it'll also be a great source of inspiration for our FAQs about smart meters too.
Nicely done @woz
Let's see how this thread goes
🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just a wicked thought, what about a Magnum Rep having a spot!
If thats just a passing good idea then Wicked!
Or just leave as a wicked thought.

Its sensitive!!
Strutt G;49948:
Just a wicked thought, what about a Magnum Rep having a spot!
If thats just a passing good idea then Wicked!
Or just leave as a wicked thought.

Its sensitive!!

Great idea @Strutt G
It would be fantastic, but I suspect they'd probably say no.
We can ask though!