We're looking into it

Dedicated section for all things electric biking

• 19 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9241 replies
There has been a transport sea change due to Covid, it might last it might not, but how about a dedicated section for all things electric bike or wannabe electric bike?
It would be a good time to parallel it with the new EV section.

9 replies

Hi @woz
As a general rule, we don't create new sections until there's already enough discussion/posts/content/FAQs etc to go in it. Otherwise we could end up with an 'empty dance floor', if you get my drift.
There's no reason you can't start more discussions about this - and I agree that electric bicycles are going to become more mainstream - and when we get lots if stuff we can move it all into a new section.

It's just like the previous idea from @Oakbank about having a dedicated section for carbon offsetting. We just needed to wait for the number of posts within the general 'All about renewables' section to warrant their own dedicated place, which eventually did happen.

Maybe start off by creating a general EV bicycles thread @woz and we'll go from there?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Love this, I used to cycle to work 3 days on average a week as more in the summer and less so in the winter.
I'm still not ready for an e bike, but if I did then I like the look of these and hope they start to come down in price.
https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/turbo-creo-sl-comp-carbon-evo/p/170431?color=263666-170431

My partner has standard Brompton and the engineering is great, but if you go on holiday and want to go off track then its not fun cycling.
I like the Dahon Tern Verge D9 and their more sporting range.

I guess E bikes for work travel is gonna take off and if I was still commuting and had to use the tub, then it would be a no brainer.
Cheaper, safer/ish v road awareness and using green routes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi @Marc
​​​​​​​There is little point, in a random post, the whole point of the suggestion was to give it some findability and legs (if you'll pardon the pun), after all it should fit in with the ethos of PP.
A random post won't cut it, the idea was that all the Ebike converts could comment (they tend to be an enthusiastic bunch) and those of us who hanker after one (me- a Brompton please..) could ask questions. @Strutt G 's reply above is precisely why I posted the idea, and there are others.
I don't mind if it's an empty dancefloor, nothing lost if it is.
Consider it folded and parked.
Marc;54858:
Hi @woz
As a general rule, we don't create new sections until there's already enough discussion/posts/content/FAQs etc to go in it. Otherwise we could end up with an 'empty dance floor', if you get my drift.
There's no reason you can't start more discussions about this - and I agree that electric bicycles are going to become more mainstream - and when we get lots if stuff we can move it all into a new section.

It's just like the previous idea from @Oakbank about having a dedicated section for carbon offsetting. We just needed to wait for the number of posts within the general 'All about renewables' section to warrant their own dedicated place, which eventually did happen.

Maybe start off by creating a general EV bicycles thread @woz and we'll go from there?
There is little point, in a random post, the whole point of the suggestion was to give it some findability and legs (if you'll pardon the pun), after all it should fit in with the ethos of PP.

It does fit our ethos. We've got several EV-bicycle owners in the PP team, and many more cyclists.
So of course we'd want to encourage discussions. Once those discussions are up and running we can gather them together in one place. It's what we've done with the community spotlights, for example. It's how these forums get built. If loads of members started discussions about, say, pineapples, I'd minded to create a sub-section for pineapples.

I don't mind if it's an empty dancefloor, nothing lost if it is.

Sure, but I do mind. It's a poor experience for other members.

​​​​​​​those of us who hanker after one (me- a Brompton please..)

​​​​​​​Same. They're beautiful. And very fast.

Consider it folded and parked.

Cheer up @woz 😁
Tell you what, why don't me and @Nataly start a few discussions and see whether other Members get more involved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
cheer up? are you ‘avin a larff ? I reserve the right to be miserable!
Do I need to stand on the grumpy s*d stool in the corner?
Happy to agree to disagree even though that clearly didn’t travel...
and on that note your do italic was unnecessarily assertive- but I’ll let it go just this time....
⚡️🚴🏿‍♀️ 🤙🏾
woz;54885:
cheer up? are you ‘avin a larff ? I reserve the right to be miserable!

Good on you @woz
Don't you go changing 🤣
(I nearly typed Are Y OK Hun?) but thought better.....

Right, let's create a thread about electric bicycles. Race you. 🕊
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is what my mate is getting to add to his fleet of cycles. 

Van Moof

https://www.vanmoof.com/en-GB/s3?color=dark&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq-OK2bHu7AIVi9_tCh0v5ABmEAQYASABEgIXi_D_BwE

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Strutt G Wow! that’s really interesting. I hope you eventually get to see it in real life and let us know what you think. Is that a worm drive assisted gear shifter? 

I still want a Brompton Electric just to mean to fork out (pardon the pun)..

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You never know, Woz, PP may do more competitions to win one, like before 👏👏👏👏👍