Dedicated page (not community posting page) for reporting app errors

• 20 September 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9733 replies

A dedicated page (not a community posting page) for reporting app errors
Not a page to post in the community, that can still happen but just for reporting be they response or server or other problems ,with fields for device model, operating system, brief description?
or maybe multiple choice options+any other etc.
This is 'sort of' (I hate that phrase but sometimes needs must when the devil drives) related to the status page idea.

9 replies

Hi @woz - yes, I really want this too. It's in the plan. I like the Monzo one https://monzo.statuspage.io/
Anything specific you'd like from it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Georgie
It's well thought out, obviously PP won't port exactly because the product is different, I like the fact that it's immediately obvious were or if there are issues.
A big green tick or red cross (or amber tick?) next to the working bits would be nice.(lower section)
One thing I'd also like to see is a dedicated button for those who have lost their power, with info on what to do, as that's the most critical issue for anyone. It would have to be well thought out so as not to be abused.
Georgie;13358:
Hi @woz - yes, I really want this too. It's in the plan. I like the Monzo one https://monzo.statuspage.io/
Anything specific you'd like from it?
Hi @woz
This is great feedback. As @Georgie says it's in the plan, Monzo-style
For now, I've created a sub-section of the 'Welcome and Latest News' board called 'Service Updates' - it's where we'll put threads about the app status and when we've got planned work https://community.purepla.net/forums/36-Service-Updates
There's a link from the homepage too
🆙
Badge +2
There have been lots of interesting developments at PP (web interface, WattBot enhancements etc.) and also quite a few notices advising members of downtime when using the app.

So how about introducing a Performance Dashboard web page?

This could include the status of the app, current WattBot response times (now typically just 1 working day) and any other relevant metrics – such as response times for emergency calls?

This would group together all the key performance indicators in one place and could be used for marketing purposes when promoting Pure Planet as an energy supplier? It would also help manage expectations for existing members.
Hi @Lenny
Just a quick FYI that it's an excellent idea!
We're working on this, so I've added your post to this existing thread 🆙

I’m wondering if our new service updates page here - where we’ve collated latest incidents in one place, in one thread (rather than many) means we can mark this one as implented? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Marc it depends, my intention was that anyone experiencing app issues which may not be solvable by the community should have a dedicated section to report their issues.I can’t see that doing your status thread any favours (i.e it will clog) for people checking it out.

hi @Marc it depends, my intention was that anyone experiencing app issues which may not be solvable by the community should have a dedicated section to report their issues.I can’t see that doing your status thread any favours (i.e it will clog) for people checking it out.

We could switch on replies for the service status thread. I think you’re right though @woz , it will clog.

Morning. Marking this one up as implemented :slight_smile:  Our service updates keeps app/web/other issues in one place. Which is much better that our previous method of one-post-per-issue.

We do see Members reporting issues in Testing and Feedback, as well as Ask the Community, already, of course. 

(A lot of the time what someone reports as an app ‘issue’ is actually an account issue. Such as, for example, not having verified a switch.)