Implemented

DD change 30 day rule , warnings and poor implemetation.

• 10 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 11252 replies
Idea Status: Implemented

Firstly
I suspect that 30 day rule preventing a further DD change after the customer has changed their DD date, is there to stop exploitation by constantly pushing the date forward, or to prevent a change then an immediate correction, (
or if there's another reason what is it?)

The software should have captured the last date requested, if it doesn't/didn't then it's not written properly. I doubt there is wholesale abuse of the DD date so why is the rule necessary at all?
(I'm not certain but I don't think that rule was there originally?)

In any event it's a badly thought out and badly implemented rule, if there need to be a rule it should be no more than 2 weeks max and preferably 10 days (is my opinion).

Why? because it would be perfectly reasonable to set your DD date and want to tweak it by a day or 2 or 3, because it didn't quite work out as intended, and with that rule you're stuck with it for 2 months.

Secondly
The requested change of Direct debit should generate an email to the customer in confirmation. (maybe it already does?)

Thirdly
If someone tries to change their direct debit a warning should pop up before the submit button to say " you can expect your next DD to be taken on xth (month), are you sure you want to continue" and that way the person making the change will know they risk having 2 payments close together when they see the warning they may decide to wait a few days before making the change.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Bumping this because a number of customers have been caught out by this and ended up paying 2 DD's close to each other.
(and disheartened that this was ignored)
Hi @woz
Good shout, it's not been ignored but yes it could have been better acknowledged. 🆙
We're looking at this one specifically:

If someone tries to change their direct debit a warning should pop up before the submit button to say " you can expect your next DD to be taken on xth (month), are you sure you want to continue" and that way the person making the change will know they risk having 2 payments close together when they see the warning they may decide to wait a few days before making the change.

As that feels like a good approach.
Although, the two DDs in one month is a bug with our billing system.
So we're going to fix that. But we do like your idea of giving Members the chance to double-check and confirm that they're happy with the change they're making.
Hi @woz
This is on the roadmap but now that the two DDs in one month is fixed (in today's app release) it is a little less important.
We do agree that making it clearer to Members what their DD payment date has been changed to is a good call 🆙
We're now working on this one @woz - confirmation of DD payments change 🆙