Change of format for unpaid (and perhaps paid) bills/invoices

• 21 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 10958 replies
Idea Status: Implemented! :heart:

This problem has come up a few times in posts e.g. Here and another post a day or so ago where someone moved into a property PP was supplying.
There is no means of contact or wherewithal to enable bill payment included on the bill, where those bills are unpaid for whatever reason. I don't think PP would be in a good place legally if they were to instigate action against unpaid bills with no means communicated to the intended payer of how to pay the bill.
A direct debit can't be set up without an agreement between the person with the bill and PP, and if it's a one-ff bill for something a DD may not be suitable
At the very least there should be a web address, perhaps with an individual password printed on the bill to enable the intended payee only to log in, an email and a postal address all for this situation, and all printed on the bill.
I'm adamant for many reasons that the app is NOT the answer for this, because not all people who have received bills have opted to join PP, in fact some may find themselves supplied but not be able or willing to use the app.

I'm putting my revenue assurance tin hat on for this one, and also for PP's reputation, it makes you look very amateurish. I'm not impressed.
This has been bugging me for quite a while in fact since that post many months ago where the unintended customer just wanted to settle the bill and PP insisted he use the app.
(now ducking to avoid flak...but prepared to listen)

4 replies

This is a good idea @woz and will, as you say, help those who need to pay for energy on behalf of a former Pure Planet Member.
Details coming soon 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks!
Hi @woz
An early Christmas present for you and other Members.:o
We have a new system for one-off payments. All the details are in this new FAQ I've just added.
Thanks for suggesting this idea! 🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
🆙 nice one
Marc;19948:
Hi @woz
An early Christmas present for you and other Members.:o
We have a new system for one-off payments. All the details are in this new FAQ I've just added.
Thanks for suggesting this idea! 🆙