Implemented

Bring back who’s online to the homepage

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 4961 replies
Previously, when opening the app, you could immediately see at a glance who was online. Now it purely shows the number of members online. To see who is actually online, you have to look for the green dot alongside a members name.

Would it be easy to get the list of names back onto the homepage, so members can see immediately if their mates are playing out? 🤣🤣🤣🙃👍

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
So who are bevs mates???

Sorry im gutter trash. Bye for now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
You do realise I can't politically, be seen to endorse this post...anyway what are they, some sort of anorexic diet pill (extra thin...)
Jon1;31457:
So who are bevs mates???2326

Sorry im gutter trash. Bye for now...
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Smaller than size 10 guarantee...
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂Oh my absolute God! Stunned! 🙀🙀🙀🙀😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Hi @Bev
Hmm, I think this is doable.
Do other members want this too?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hopefully Marc 👍🤞, nice little handy bonus
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have some reservations in general, but not just with this idea.
Will there be an individually selectable option in settings for members to appear to be visible or not?
If not I'd like to request that as a feature.
I'd like the choice as to whether I broadcast (potentially inaccurate) information as to whether I'm online or not.

I hope you're not watching Wimbles Bev!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi woz,
Invisible mode already exists in settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Yeah I was gripped all day Wozeeta 👍👏🎾🍓✈️.

​As Duppy says, option always been there to be invisible but not sure why it’s necessary really.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
haha thanks -missed it when I looked! It must have been invisible..
​Specsavers again then...
Duppy;32834:
Hi woz,
Invisible mode already exists in settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hmm it is and it isn't, my thinking is it shows me as being online even when I'm not there, so I'd rather have some control over it. No great objections to your idea Bev!
I thought I'd seen the setting but when I looked I genuinely scrolled past it- like I said, specsavers again! (but not like the ones jon1 showed in that awful photo, had nightmares ever since I saw it!)
Bev;32848:
Yeah I was gripped all day Wozeeta ������������������������✈️.

​As Duppy says, option always been there to be invisible but not sure why it’s necessary really.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Agree totally Wozeeta, and when it used to be a feature, I noticed that too re it showing individuals online 24/7 when not, so got into habit of always logging out of the COMMUNITY not the entire PP app, by clicking on avatar top right, and clicking “log out” but I understand very few do that, only me. So guess it wouldn’t really be of any benefit if showed peeps online 24/7. Maybe not then, Marc. Leave as it is, with green dotties 👍
Hey @Bev

On the new platform there's a feature similar to this.

At the bottom of the Community homepage there's a 'Recently online' feature, like this:

If you hover over the avatar it also shows a preview of that Members' profile.

​​​​​​​Think that'd work? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Not sure now Nat. If no one logs out of the community, only me, then really it’ll just show everyone even if they’re not there. Think put my idea in storage for now Nat 👍

This is now live as part of our new platform :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Marc, I've looked for this, where will I find it, so the dot by the user name on posts is no longer there, is this intentional.

Hi Marc, I've looked for this, where will I find it, so the dot by the user name on posts is no longer there, is this intentional.

Ah, the dot.

Not a feature on this new platform @Duppy 

Sorry, I wasn’t clear! I meant that the recently online thing. The whatdocallit that shows photos and names of members online. It used to be a feature in 2018. We lost it when we had a homepage redesign in Jan 2019.

It’s now back - bottom of the homepage. Looks like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ah, the dot.

Not a feature on this new platform @Duppy 

Sorry, I wasn’t clear! I meant that the recently online thing. The whatdocallit that shows photos and names of members online. It used to be a feature in 2018. We lost it when we had a homepage redesign in Jan 2019.

It’s now back - bottom of the homepage. Looks like this:

Hope, not there, I've looked on phone and tablet both android and looks like this

Hope, not there, I've looked on phone and tablet both android and looks like this

Hmm, that’s interesting.

Thanks @Duppy we’re checking it out

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Aaaaah, now this wasn’t working for me either all week, but today it’s there 👍👏👏👏👏. 

Only thing is, it’s avatars, so unless peeps have one, it’s hard to distinguish who’s who, just from initials, plus it’s almighty small. Not really needed anyway as we say, but the greenies did give us an “at a glance” who was here with us 👍👍👍

Well spotted @Bev :grinning:

Hope it’s working for you too @Duppy